Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is our Dell Ubuntu laptops?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Where is our Dell Ubuntu laptops?

Quote Originally Posted by bazzieb View Post
    I have tried Ubuntu on Lenovo Thinkpads and HP's and i have never had a driver problem. Wouldnt it be cheaper to just buy the laptop on Amazon and then get it shipped here? Or get a friend overseas to buy it and send it accros. Waranty should still be covered in SA.
    Agreed. I've never seen a driver problem installing Linux on a Thinkpad. Plus, they're solid machines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Tell them they better start supporting it, and can hire you to be on their linux team.

Unfortunately it depends on the market. SA has always been a relatively small market, and the linux community within is even smaller. (Heck, they are having a hard time justifying support in the UK and US)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by mellowd View Post
    Tell them they better start supporting it, and can hire you to be on their linux team.

Unfortunately it depends on the market. SA has always been a relatively small market, and the linux community within is even smaller. (Heck, they are having a hard time justifying support in the UK and US)
    /me doesn't know about linux and hardware driver integration to do that.

Ye agreed it is hard, But the only way to create a market for something is to support it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12