Thread: Macbook like scrolling on HP DV6622CA!!

Beans

Macbook like scrolling on HP DV6622CA!!

wow i can;t belive this works... you guys know how macbooks can scroll with 2 fingers? i can do it on my hp laptop without any actualy hardware tweaking!!! its amazing!! if anyone wants info please post here. Just to tell you guys.... it a little bit glitchy but almost perfect once you get used to it!!

Beans

Re: Macbook like scrolling on HP DV6622CA!!

seriously??? how did you get that working, or did it do it right out of the box? i have an hp dv6660se , which i am assuming is a similar box.

Beans

haahhahaha!! i knew someone would be interested... hold your 2 fingers so one is right above the other one when using the scrolling..

so liek this

make sure that they are as straight as possible... also this is a bit glitchy so it may take some getting used to.
    here is what you have to change in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    :
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Synaptics Touchpad"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/touchpad"
    Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option "VertScrollDelta" "20"
    Option "HorizScrollDelta" "350"
    Option "VertTwoFingerScroll" "true"
    Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll" "true"
    Option "FastTaps" "false"
    Option "TapButton2" "3"
    Option "AccelFactor" "0.3"
    Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    EndSection

replace that whole section and it will work after restarting x or rebooting your laptop!
    enjoy!

EDIT: umm can you please tell me if this worked for you? and if so ... how well? thanks
    EDIT2: also hold your fingers right against each other. or the pad will just make the mouse jump. this feature is really picky because the touchpad in macbooks has multitouch.. whereas the hp ones do not
    EDIT3:try not to move your fingers too much. it should only need minimal movement. as in shift the weight of your fingers.
    Last edited by shak541; August 19th, 2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: more to add. dont wanna double post

Beans

haha. alright i think i might give this a shot. but first, by "glitchy" do you mean that this could make my entire system glitchy? this is my main os and i must use it for schoolwork, so i don't wanna throw anything off balance yknow?

Beans

no nothing else is changed at all.. only the part in for xorg.conf file is modifyed... just make a backup of that part of the file and your set. nothing else is changed at all.. enjoy!!!

Beans

bump.... has anyone else here tested this out?
    EDIT: your fingers can be in any way.. as long as they are vertical or horizontal. just make sure your fingers move at the same time and speed and this neat little trick works.
    Last edited by shak541; August 19th, 2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: info changed