Thread: Black blocks when taking a screenshot of my cube

Beans

Black blocks when taking a screenshot of my cube

I setup GIMP to take a screenshot in 5 seconds and zoom out to my cube view. The screenshot gets captured but there are black blocks on my screen. This only happens when I zoom out to view the cube. If I take a screenshot of a single desktop then all is well.

View attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Black blocks when taking a screenshot of my cube

Quote Originally Posted by CapinPete View Post
    I setup GIMP to take a screenshot in 5 seconds and zoom out to my cube view. The screenshot gets captured but there are black blocks on my screen. This only happens when I zoom out to view the cube. If I take a screenshot of a single desktop then all is well.

View attachment.
    Hi and I see you using the 3d windows plugin and a virtual machine. This can be very resource intensive. What is the model of the graphics card and some system specs?

Beans

The videocard is a GeForce 6800 with 256MB ram. I also have a dual core opteron 170 with 2GB of ram. The system is barely breaking a sweat. The only thing that goes up is the memory usage when running the virtual machine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by CapinPete View Post
    The videocard is a GeForce 6800 with 256MB ram. I also have a dual core opteron 170 with 2GB of ram. The system is barely breaking a sweat. The only thing that goes up is the memory usage when running the virtual machine.
    Hi and I am using the same graphics card and do not experience this. Which driver are you using and how did you install it?

Beans

I'm not sure how to tell what the version is. But it's whatever driver ubuntu installs for you. I had the little pop up at the top of the screen which I used to enable the nvidia drivers.

Beans

Anyone have any clue why this is happening? I did a reinstall and everything and still the same results.

Beans

Id suggest installing the NVIDIA supplied driver for your card. The drivers in the repositories arent very up to date. You can use Envy to make it easy, http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Beans

It seems to be a gimp issue. Using the print screen key produces a perfect screenshot. Using gimp to take the screen shot still produces those black blocks.