Thread: [SOLVED] Compiz Or Beryl on Acer Aspires 5315

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

[SOLVED] Compiz Or Beryl on Acer Aspires 5315

Ubuntu 7.10
    I have the Acer Aspire 5315-2122 laptop and all is running fine but my Compiz. I would like to get it to work, but according to this previous thread, it's on the black list

Here is the thread I originally followed http://ubuntu-utah.ubuntuforums.org/...d.php?t=610603

I have it installed via add/remove programs, but I cannot find this file to modify it per the thread -- ~/.config/compiz/compiz-manager file

If Compiz is not possible to get working, how can I install Beryl for some extra graphics?

Beans

Re: Compiz Or Beryl on Acer Aspires 5315

The ~ in ~/.config/compiz/compiz-manager means your home directory. The following .config is hidden (as are all files or dirs that start with a dot.

You can choose to show hidden files in the file manager by choosing Show hidden files in the View-menu (or by pressing ctrl-h).

Maybe you all ready knew this, since I don't seem to have that file either, even if I show hidden files...

By the way, Beryl has merged back with Compiz. I don't know if there is any point in installing Beryl nowadays, since it's old and not developed anymore, as I understand it.
    Last edited by tahina; August 17th, 2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: by the way...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Compiz Or Beryl on Acer Aspires 5315

That is a cool trick, Ctrl H. Didn't know about that one. However, I didn't find that compiz directory in either my regular user account or the root home directory...