Thread: What TV Tuner Card???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

What TV Tuner Card???

Hey guys,

Just about to purchase an Asus A2500s Notebook (secondhand), for keeping me occupied in work.

I've found threads for the likes of the 3 Modem, to which I'll be buying the E220.

But instead of wasting my shift away watching films, surfing the net etc, I was wondering what TV Tuner for the UK (for Freeview and Terrestrial TV) would work within Ubuntu / Kubuntu.

The reason I've put both up, is because I'm currently unsure of which OS I'm going to install on the notebook... Or I may install Ubuntu and mix the desktops like I have on my main pc.

Just some insight as to the card which people are using would be great.

Have you bought a cheapo card and it works? Or did you buy a particular one for its ease.

Also, would it use the likes of the guides, and is there a software / app which is capable of seeing the guide on nux?

Thanks guys.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: What TV Tuner Card???

i use the Hauppauge PVR150 with good results. i just needed to install ivtv-utils. but there are other cards that will work also.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: What TV Tuner Card???

Nice one, thanks wolfen.

I'm just wanting to make sure before I buy all this stuff, since i'm a n00b with linux, and even more of one with stuff I don't have a clue about.

Its all for work, so instead of using my monthly 3gb limit, i can watch TV and stuff while wasting away a shift, and I'd rather continue using Linux, than using Winblows.