Beans

Re: DViCO FusionHDTV7 Dual Express

Please Help

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by icon134 View Post
    I managed to get some basic functionality with the remote by running:

modprobe ir-kbd-i2c

but unfortunately I can only get limited functionality of the remote (only 6 keys seem to funcion and I can't seem to configure the remote)

I'm sure it is something I did when configuring the remote but I'm not sure how to make it work better.

Has anyone gotten this remote to work completely and if so how did you do it?

Scott
    icon,

Have you had anymore luck with the remote? I have just built my HTPC using the Fusion 7 dual express (which is working wonderfully) but I haven't been able to get the IR receiver to be recogized.

I'll try the modprobe ir-kbd-i2c when I get back to the system. (I haven't hooked it up the TV officially yet, because the remote isn't working and my wife is alreay a nay sayers about this project)

I've read elsewhere that the remote is being seen as a mouse and/or keyboard, which is why so few buttons work.

Thanks for any help.

Daniel

Beans

bump

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by icon134 View Post
    So realizing that I didn't ask this question in the first place... thanks to the question and answers... I have managed to get the video adapter to work in mythbuntu but I haven't been able to get the computer to recognize the remote input.

I tried to base my installation of Lirc on the FusionHDTV5 RT remote but the system doesn't appear to see the input device.

when I do "cat /proc/bus/input/devices"

Nothing resembling the card appears to show up the only two entrys that I don't immediately recognize are these:

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0002 Version=0000
    N: Name="Power Button (FF)"
    P: Phys=LNXPWRBN/button/input0
    S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input3
    U: Uniq=
    H: Handlers=kbd event3
    B: EV=3
    B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
    N: Name="Power Button (CM)"
    P: Phys=PNP0C0C/button/input0
    S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input4
    U: Uniq=
    H: Handlers=kbd event4
    B: EV=3
    B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I'm assuming that the card just isn't fully supported yet but I figured I'd see if there were any ideas floating around.

Ultimately I'm getting the same irw error that is cropping up in this thread: (irw problems) but the device doesn't appear to be showing up.

Any help would be appreciated...
    Could you please give some info on what you did to get this card working in Mythbuntu? I have the same care and I haven't had any luck getting it to work.

Thanks,
    Dave

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by onehotcutey View Post
    icon,

Have you had anymore luck with the remote? I have just built my HTPC using the Fusion 7 dual express (which is working wonderfully) but I haven't been able to get the IR receiver to be recogized.

I'll try the modprobe ir-kbd-i2c when I get back to the system. (I haven't hooked it up the TV officially yet, because the remote isn't working and my wife is alreay a nay sayers about this project)

I've read elsewhere that the remote is being seen as a mouse and/or keyboard, which is why so few buttons work.
    I have this card and after running "sudo modprobe ir-kbd-i2c" I am able to get key presses from the remote to register in irw, so it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Beans

Sorry I never made it back to this thread to update the status of the Card or the Remote.

I have both working very well (at least they were until I did dist upgrade, now I'm trudging through it all again). Here are the steps I took to make the card and remote work. Where I can I'll reference the tutorials I used.

1. The card:

This was actually very easy, follow the instructions here:
    http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xc...n_the_Firmware

After a reboot you should see reference to the xc5000 firmware in your dmesg output and you should see two adapter appear in /dev/dvb. Please note that for the DViCO FusionHDTV7 Dual Express only digital is currently supported.

2. The remote:

This takes a bit more effort but will eventually work. Start by adding ir-kbd-i2c to /etc/modules, this will tell modprobe to load the module on boot. Now you can either reboot or you can just run:

sudo modprobe ir-kbd-i2c

Next follow the directions for adding a remote in this Tutorial:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=616103

You will be adding version 2 of the remote and can ignore everything in the tutorial before "Remote Installation" (Though its a good read)

Under the "Create Symlink" section:

A. When you are searching through dmesg for the proper input number you should see something like this:
    input: i2c IR (FusionHDTV) as /devices/virtual/input/input7

B. If you are using Jaunty then you will need to create the file:
    /etc/udev/rules.d/60-symlinks.rules

I do most of my editing from the command line, but just use your favorite editor to do so.

Complete the installation and configuration of lirc and you should be ready to go.

From here you should examine the file lircrc, it has instructions for editing the keybindings in MythTV.

Hope this helps someone.

Daniel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am having some trouble as well. The remote functions at a basic level in mythtv, but only the arrow keys and one other button work.

When I restart lirc with verbose it says "Unable to load LIRC kernel modules." I tried "sudo modprobe ir-kbd-i2c" with no effect.

The only relevant output that I can tell is

[ 8.410106] CORE cx23885[0]: subsystem: 18ac:d618, board: DViCO FusionHDTV7 Dual Express [card=10,autodetected]

but nothing about input devices.

The remote was working before I upgraded (from Intrepid), and I was using the dev/input driver on event6 then.

Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12