Thread: [SOLVED] Right speaker not getting used

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

[SOLVED] Right speaker not getting used

My right speaker, as the title suggests, no longer works. Originally I thought this to be due to my speaker dying but after plugging in headphones the same problem occurred. However, if I boot into windows both speaker work perfectly.

This started happening after I used the console command alsa force-reload . I decided to try it one day when the annoying bug of system-wide muting occurs, and to my grievance it has only made the problem worse.

Also note that PCM is the only volume slider that works for me and I do not have a sound-card installed.
    Note: I always use the latest Ubuntu distro (x86 64) after official release. If to the right of my posts I'm listed as using an old version, I've simply just forgotten to change the forum setting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Right speaker not getting used

*fixed*
    I just fiddled with all of the audio options I haven't got a clue about until it worked again.
    Note: I always use the latest Ubuntu distro (x86 64) after official release. If to the right of my posts I'm listed as using an old version, I've simply just forgotten to change the forum setting.