Thread: [SOLVED] Can't delete an appointment in Evolution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

[SOLVED] Can't delete an appointment in Evolution

I don't know how else to put it. When I select delete, it asks me if I'm sure and I say yes. But the appointment doesn't delete. It was set up as a recurring appointment, but the recurrences don't show up at all, it's just stuck there.

I made the appointment with the wrong color label, the recurrence was fine, but when I moved it to a different color label all the recurrences disappeared (although the program still thinks they're there I guess) and now I can't delete the one that exists. I can change its name though.

Any ideas? Is there a database file I can manually go in and remove this appointment with?

Ok, great. As soon as I posted this the appointment mysteriously went away. It had been sticking for hours and of course as soon as I ask for help it just *poof*. I don't know what the problem was or how it was fixed, but everything is fine now...
    Last edited by Hooya; August 15th, 2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: problem solved?
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe - Athlon64 3200+
    NVidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB - Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
    Western Digital Raptor 74GB - Western Digital 120GB SATA
    Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit (Fluxbox primarily)

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: [SOLVED] Can't delete an appointment in Evolution

Hooya, check the personal details in your "contacts" you may have a date entry that is conflicting and showing in your calendar?

Teeleef

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

[UNSOLVED] Can't delete an appointment in Evolution

I have a similar problem; I can't delete recurring appoinments. Well it might be me not knowing how to mark them as "done", or something similar.

Also, the recurring events seems to add up whenever they are due to recur. For example, if an event recurs every month, one year later it is then 12 appointments listed in the clock calendar on the top panel. Or so I assume it will, since I cant mark them as "done", "finished", "completed" etc. It doesn't seem to matter if it is an "all-day" event or not. The recurring events are there to stay, and adds up. This is getting ridiculous. There must be some other way?

As for deleting them, selecting "delete this occurrence" doesn't do anything in the end: First double-clicking on the date in the clock calendar at the panel opens evolution calendar. Then right-clicking the appointment and selecting "delete this occurrence" seemingly deletes it. But the appointment is still on the clock calendar. Double-clicking it again brings up the Evolution calendar again, with the old "deleted" appointment...

Plus I would prefer not to having to delete finished appointments, just mark them as done.

Normal (non-recurring) events appear to work as intended, though I'm not entirely sure. I'm very new to the Evolution calendar, I just recently needed to use it (for about a week now). It do seems really nice.

Plus I also I like the email client. Well, as far as one just use -one- email address with it, if I remember correctly (from some time ago), using multiple email addresses gets messy. I haven't tried that again, nor have I really needed to.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: [SOLVED] Can't delete an appointment in Evolution

Turns out I was to blame, I had also set the date range in the "appointments" dialog first. And then this range then got repeated when setting recurrence..

Anyway, just thought I'd post this just in case.