Thread: Warnning: Do not use EnvyNG Tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Exclamation Warnning: Do not use EnvyNG Tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello dear users,

I warn you now because EnvyNG like Automaked ATI- and NVida Drivers!

Hello Administrators and Modorators: Please ban him! when username is our forum "EnvyNG"! or "Envy"

I tell about stupid tools for Graphic- or Display Drivers:
    I check EnvNG for test. But EnvyNG kills modules and stops fglrx-kernel once break now. What does it happen? If you do not remark. If you restart our computers than EnvyNG can to give "Bluescreen" and it kills graphic cards. We must to stop to EnvyNG !!!!!

EnvyNG's Company must be fine for graphics drivers returned.

Thanks for Stopped Warnning! I would to support for all dear users. A lot of thanks. Please read my post about ATI-Driver: Howto: ATI-Driver will to install optimally. Thanks.. Sorry NVidia Driver with Howtos will to be coming soon..

Bye SnakeMedia

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Cool Re: Warnning: Do not use EnvyNG Tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what you're talking about; EnvyNG is a program, not a forum user. EnvyNG is working fine for me, and in my experience it's nearly impossible to install graphics drivers any other way. The "company" is probably a single developer, and you obviously can't fine someone for their product not working. They/he's trying to make it easier to install graphic drivers, not ruin your computer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Warnning: Do not use EnvyNG Tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think i quite follow. Could you please clarify. Do you have a question?
    Desktop: Q6600 OC: 343 x 9, 4 GB RAM, 8600 GTS Twinview (22",17"), 1.5 TB RAID 5
    Laptop: Lenovo T61 T7300 @ 2 GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 140M Quadro, 160 GB harddrive
    Remember to mark posts as [SOLVED] when your problem is resolved

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sam324 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about; EnvyNG is a program, not a forum user. EnvyNG is working fine for me, and in my experience it's nearly impossible to install graphics drivers any other way. The "company" is probably a single developer, and you obviously can't fine someone for their product not working. They/he's trying to make it easier to install graphic drivers, not ruin your computer.
    +1.. and to the OP... Blue Screens are a Windows thing.
    "If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, Of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" -Albert Einstein.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMedia View Post
    Hello Administrators and Modorators: Please ban him! when username is our forum "EnvyNG"! or "Envy"
    As far as I remember, the maker of envyng is actually a moderator (Tseliot). So are you addressing to the maker of envyng to ban himself?
    Disclaimer: I am currently suffering from severe CSD (Compulsive Sarcasm Disorder).
    My Site | Linux User #452328 | Running Arch Linux on Sony Vaio VGN-SZ61XN/C since October 2008

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

To all concerned.

Envy and EnvyNG are supported here: http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Like many other programs and packages, you may find support on the forums from users familiar with Envy, notably Tseliot.

Envy is not officially supported by the forums- it just happens that Tseliot is a staff member because of his sustained contributions to the forums. This should not be interpreted as anything other than that.

Added for clarity: The fact that the maker of Envy is a member of the forum staff does not constitute an endorsement of Envy by the Ubuntu Forums.
    Last edited by Oldsoldier2003; August 15th, 2008 at 12:09 AM.