Thread: Anyone knows a tool to collect system informations?

Beans

Anyone knows a tool to collect system informations?

Hi,
    I've been looking for a tool to collect and show me a set of system informations. The informations that I want may be organized in three groups:

1. Software Information: Information like Operating System Version, Softwares that are initialized when the system initializes, User and Groups, etc...
    2. Hardware Information: Information about the hardware, like total memory, Processor, and so on.
    3. Network Information: Information like connection speed, type of connection, network configuration, ...

There are a software that runs at Windows (called SIW) that collects all that informations, and I'm looking for some tool that runs similarly (at Ubuntu).

Thanks in advance,
    Rodrigo Almeida

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Anyone knows a tool to collect system informations?

If you go to Add/Remove Programs and perfrom a search for System Information, they have a couple apps similar to what you are looking for. One is actually called System Information.
    Any piece of knowledge I acquire today has a value at this moment exactly proportioned to my skill to deal with it. Tomorrow, when I know more, I recall that piece of knowledge and use it better.
    -Mark Van Doren

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Anyone knows a tool to collect system informations?

Fo hardware info try
    Code:
    sudo lshw
    in a terminal.
    If you want the output in an html file, type:
    Code:
    sudo lshw -html >file.html