Thread: ubuntu server 8.04 virtualisation

Beans

ubuntu server 8.04 virtualisation

Hi all,

looking for some advice and help really, im looking to set up a few virtual servers on my server box.

its a dell sc440, it does not support cpu hypervisor so i am wondering is it a good idea to virtualise on here, or just run everything on the one server(not an idea i like), if its an option what virtualisation software do people recommend and do you know if there is a good guide out there, or if the ubuntu documentation is any good.

I have had a look at vmware and like the sound of it, but struggled to be able to view anything to create virtual machines, however i think this was another issue, than a vmware issue.

kvm wont work due to the lack of the hypervisor.

thanks.
    Hey all, a big thanks for all your help in the past, I am starting to get there now its been an adventure and i thank you for that.

Beans

Re: ubuntu server 8.04 virtualisation

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Whippy View Post
    Hi all,

looking for some advice and help really, im looking to set up a few virtual servers on my server box.

its a dell sc440, it does not support cpu hypervisor so i am wondering is it a good idea to virtualise on here, or just run everything on the one server(not an idea i like), if its an option what virtualisation software do people recommend and do you know if there is a good guide out there, or if the ubuntu documentation is any good.

I have had a look at vmware and like the sound of it, but struggled to be able to view anything to create virtual machines, however i think this was another issue, than a vmware issue.

kvm wont work due to the lack of the hypervisor.

thanks.
    hey all, the above problem is now fixed i have managed to get the server console working, and have created a virtual machine,

however i did have the mui working, i have since restarted the server and the server console will still connect however the mui will not it gets a connection refused any one any ideas,

do i need to start a service or anything like that.
    Hey all, a big thanks for all your help in the past, I am starting to get there now its been an adventure and i thank you for that.