Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know of a good PC racing game where...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Anyone know of a good PC racing game where...

Quote Originally Posted by anjilslaire View Post
    Sort of like asking for for PS3 advice on xbox.com
    That is worse. The fanboys would not forgive him.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

True. In the spirit of ubuntu, we are a pretty forgiving bunch.

OT, I do actually have an old xbox1 with XBMC that streams my media from my Linux desktop quite well, so I guess Linux & Xbox do play well together

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanwb View Post
    No, I put "My message's too short is it?" because if I didn't put that in I'd get a javascript message saying that my post is too short.
    Regardless, you came across as a jerk. Like someone else mentioned, this probably isn't the best place to ask about non-linux friendly games. Gamefaqs, gamespot, gamespy, or even X-Play's site might be a better choice for that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

ah, cut the poster some slack. A good number of the people that hang out here also use windows for gaming. This is a forum for people that use ubuntu, not a forum for people that dont use microsoft. Heck, I just started a 5 or 6 page thread on whether I should buy a psp or a ds. This forum has some of the most unbiased opinions of any tech forum I have ever been on, so I dont blame the poster for asking here at all.

Of course, they should expect the first two pages at least to be suggestions of tuxracer.

btw, cant suggest a racing game, sorry. My all time favorite one was need for speed porche, back before they ruined the franchise (imho) by making the dream driving machine a honda civic with stickers on it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanwb View Post
    My message's too short is it?
    This message board doesn't support Windows system problems, concerns and windows gaming in general. So your thread is kinda pointless, sorry but this is actually a Linux distribution forum about gaming on Linux. Try maybe Other OS forum.

Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Naegling23 View Post
    ah, cut the poster some slack. A good number of the people that hang out here also use windows for gaming. This is a forum for people that use ubuntu, not a forum for people that dont use microsoft. Heck, I just started a 5 or 6 page thread on whether I should buy a psp or a ds. This forum has some of the most unbiased opinions of any tech forum I have ever been on, so I dont blame the poster for asking here at all.

Of course, they should expect the first two pages at least to be suggestions of tuxracer.

btw, cant suggest a racing game, sorry. My all time favorite one was need for speed porche, back before they ruined the franchise (imho) by making the dream driving machine a honda civic with stickers on it.
    It's not the fact that he requested information about windows games, as many of us dual boot XP to play games. It's the fact that he came back to someone who was trying to help with some suggestions in such a snide manner. We are very friendly here, so there is no need for such comments, especially if you asked the question in the first place.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
    Colin McRae had me twitching more than any other driving game by a long shot.

If you happen to be into rally games give Richard Burns rally a go. I would recommend wheel/pedal set though. It is just pure awesome.

*Not sure if it runs on Linux because I no longer have the disc.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Jordanwb; August 15th, 2008 at 12:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12