Thread: kinit : no resume image, doing normal boot...

Beans

Unhappy kinit : no resume image, doing normal boot...

Since I have updated Ubuntu 8.04, i can't start it up anymore. Seembly, there was a new kernel, perhaps this has something to do with it?

If i boot, i get the normal oragne loading bar, and after its finished, i get :

kinit: name_to_dev_t(dev/disk/by-uuid/6acc0ad2-cf4d-46d1-9392-3d08db4026ea) = sda5(8,5)
    kinit : no resume image, doing normal boot...

Then my whole screen is black and in white letters, and i can 'login'. After logging in, its like a full screen terminal.

I have read some forums and tried alot of things, but non of them seem to work. If i press ALT-F3 when the orange bar starts, and wait some time, i get the following error :

intel_rng: FWH not detected

I have no idea what it means, but i found this ::
    http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t...986e327046a049
    Don't know if it has anything to do with my problem, and it doesn't say how to fix it.

But, after the intel_rng... error, it just goes on, and when i get to 'rc.local' it just stops. I checked the rc.local file with a live cd, and the only thing in it is : exit 0 . So basicly, that file should not do anything, trough when loading in ALT-F3, its stuck there.

I think it has to do with the update I did, and the new kernel, but I'm a linux newbie, so I don't really know.

This are my PC's specs :
    2GHZ intel single core
    512 MB ram
    ATI mobilty radeon 7500

Booting with a live cd goes perfectly.

I wouldn't like to reinstall ubuntu, since i got alot of stuff on the laptop that i wouldn't like to redownload, and i don't have an external harddrive currently where i can back it on to.

I hope someone here can help me?

Beans

Unhappy Re: kinit : no resume image, doing normal boot...

After reading this :

http://cinnamonpirate.com/blog/497/

(what didn't work, btw)

I think the problem has to do with partitions. Any idea on how to fix it? :S