Thread: Samba Configuration

Beans

Samba Configuration

After configuration samba when i want to access share folder from windows it gives me the following message.

\\Server\BACKUP\ is not accessible.You might not have permission to use this network resource.Contract to the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.
    Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user,using more than one user name,are not allowed.Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again
    what i have to do to avoid this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Re: Samba Configuration

How are you trying to access the remote share? Is it via nautilus or dolphin? When using samba outbound we us smbfs, ensure that you have it installed via Synaptic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mint 14 | 64bit | DT ACER VN281G | Intel® Atom™ CPU D425 @ 1.80GHz × 2 | Registered Linux User#458200

Beans

Re: Samba Configuration

I have had the same problem, probably because my full name is stored in the system by Linux. So, my full name is John Smith, which I was using as my account name on *******. My account on Linux is js, account password jspw. When I made an account on ******* with username js and password jspw so there was a perfect match between account name and password on both boxes/operating systems, it connected to the private shares perfectly, provided I had logged in to ******* as js.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Unhappy Re: Samba Configuration

Your username/password only matters if the Windows shares are authenticated (non-anonymous or non-guest) shares. The browsing of shared authenticated files from Windows machines is broken right now in ubuntu 8.04.1, see:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...fs/+bug/207072
    http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=524485#c26

Ignore the bug titles, the bug applies to all authenticated Windows shares.

Search for some of my other recent Samba posts for a work-around if you need to be using authenticated Windows shares.

Sorry.....

Beans

Re: Samba Configuration

please post your smb.conf file here