Thread: How to force wine to use second soundcard?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Question How to force wine to use second soundcard?

Hi!
    I have 2 soundcards - ICE1724 - Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1LT is the default one (ALSA dmix through spdif) and the crappy Intel8x0 (integrated) is used with headphones in skype - everything works fine (even AC3/DTS through SPDIF )

But recently I installed SuperMemo (@ wine) and no matter how hard I search, I can't find how to force wine to use headphones attached to the second soundcard while leaving main soundcard alone

I found page http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys (and many related) but it doesn't help

I tried to enter as DevicePCM1 "hw:1,0" (second soundcard, first "output"), "skype" (ALSA profile created for skype working with both skype and mplayer) but none of them succeeded

Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How to force wine to use second soundcard?

dealing with 2 sound cards on 8.04 is a huge pain IMO ever since they switched to PulseAudio. Actually, dealing with 2 sound cards is a pain for whatever sound daemon you use. *sigh* I wish somebody would make it simpler and not require having to edit thousands of files to make 2 sound cards works flawlessly.
    Registered Linux User #373810
    Become a Registered Linux User Here.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by MemoryDump View Post
    dealing with 2 sound cards on 8.04 is a huge pain IMO ever since they switched to PulseAudio.
    I recently switched from Gentoo and I just copied some config files including /etc/asound.conf
    as a consequence I'm still on dmix @ 1st soundcard and with second one working "one source at a time" (typically skype) - copying this file took me 10s instead of hours spend on reading manuals

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Quapcio View Post
    I recently switched from Gentoo and I just copied some config files including /etc/asound.conf
    as a consequence I'm still on dmix @ 1st soundcard and with second one working "one source at a time" (typically skype) - copying this file took me 10s instead of hours spend on reading manuals
    you should post these files in the Multimedia section of these forums! It might prevent some huge headaches for many users
    Registered Linux User #373810
    Become a Registered Linux User Here.