Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winetricks and dotnet20

Beans

Re: Winetricks and dotnet20

i actually think deleting the .wine folder is a bad idea. every time i look at it, i see my drive_c folder, and there's no indication that it's a shortcut. so as far as i can tell, you're also deleting your entire "C drive" with all your installed programs. if anyone can tell me they still work w/o problems, i may consider doing that in the future if i have any problems w/winetricks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If you don't use WINEPREFIX for every installed application you would ruin everything installed in WINE when delting the .wine folder. So, DON'T!

I can only advise to use WINEPREFIX for a single application like WINEPREFIX=~/.wine/game. You can then delete only the game folder without affecting other applications.

This also helps with different settings (orm, ddr, multisampling, glsl, etc.) so that every application can be configured without disturbing others.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kernst View Post
    Nowadays it's ~/.cache/winetricks.

and the graphical Winetricks UI bombed with error messages about sha1sums. What had really happened was it wasn't able to create a cache folder and it actually didn't download anything at all, but all the error messages were being displayed in the terminal. Deleting ~/.cache/winetricks and running winetricks from my home directory in a terminal was successful:
    yes, I met the same issue with ubuntu 10.10 and wine 1.3.36 when I use the graphical Winetricks way, but the terminal way seems fine.

Beans

I have the same problem with Ubuntu 12.04. Every approach solving the problem didn't work.
    I deleted the folder, i deleted just the file, severel retries haven't been successful.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Checksum for /home/user/.cache/winetricks/msxml4/msxml.msi did not match, retrying download

sha1sum mismatch!  Rename /home/user/.cache/winetricks/msxml4/msxml.msi and try again.
    any idea why this still doesn't work? i'm using wine 1.4. i think that it the file is being downloaded 2 times.

i'm missing the winelibs for q4wine too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12