Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winetricks and dotnet20

Beans

Winetricks and dotnet20

Hi, I seem to be having some trouble with installing dotnet20 with winetricks. I did a search but it doesn't seem like i've gotten any results

It's something about sha1sum mismatch. Here's the error message:

gregory@Cuppy:~$ sh winetricks dotnet20
    Setting Windows version to win2k
    Executing wine regedit /home/gregory/.wine/drive_c/winetrickstmp/set-winver.reg
    Executing cp -f /home/gregory/.winetrickscache/dotnet20/l_intl.nls /home/gregory/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
    sha1sum mismatch! Rename /home/gregory/.winetrickscache/dotnet20/dotnetfx.exe and try again.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

EDIT: Reading through the forum, I've manage to fine the hidden .winetrickscache folder. But I'm still lost as to what I should be renaming dotnetfx.exe to...
    Last edited by Cuppy; August 11th, 2008 at 06:34 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Winetricks and dotnet20

Check the WineHQ AppDB listing to see if there's anything (or if there's even a listing).

FlyingIsFun1217

Beans

Well, I got desperate and decided to delete the folder instead of trying to rename it. Then I ran sh winetricks dotnet20 again and it worked!

Hope this'll help someone else

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Welcome, I have problem with winetricks for Wine; I want download corefonts and flash, then I type:
    Code:
    sh winetricks corefonts flash
    Something that I see after this command:
    Code:
    ja@ubuntu:~$ sh winetricks corefonts flash
    Executing wget -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/corefonts/arial32.exe
    --2009-03-02 15:13:04--  http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/corefonts/arial32.exe
    Translacja easynews.dl.sourceforge.net... 69.16.168.245
    Łączenie się z easynews.dl.sourceforge.net|69.16.168.245|:80... połączono.
    Żądanie HTTP wysłano, oczekiwanie na odpowiedź... 200 OK
    Długość: nieznana [application/octet-stream]
    Zapis do: `arial32.exe'

[    <=>                                         ] 514.314     25,8K/s   w 27s

2009-03-02 15:13:34 (18,7 KB/s) - zapisano `arial32.exe' [514314]

sha1sum mismatch! Rename /home/ja/.winetrickscache/./arial32.exe and try again.

Could somebody tell me how I install this? Maybe is a newer version of winetricks's script?

EDIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Then I ran sh winetricks dotnet20 again and it worked!
    I trying that for a lot of times, but everytimes I have sha1sum mismatch. (And with all winetricks for example dotnet, flash or corefonts).
    Last edited by Jarzyna; March 3rd, 2009 at 07:36 AM.

Beans
    Distro

I'm refreshing my post with problem. ;/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Did you actually delete the .winetrickscache directory from your home directory? That should force it to re-download everything and correct the error. Also, instead of trying to run them all at once, run them separately, i.e. "sh winetricks corefonts" then "sh winetrick flash".

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans
    Distro

Wow, and now it's run.. thanks.

I delete "~/.wine" and "~/.winetrickscache" and typed "winecfg" (from another your post from topic about this problem"). Now, I downloaded with winetrick few times and at 3-4 time sha1sum match.

Thanks one more time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I can confirm that deleting the folder .winetrickscache fixed the problem (at least for me!)

Beans

the same problem, but i didn't have a ".winetrickcache" folder..
    sorry for pushing..
    EDIT: ubuntu lucid 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by trike994 View Post
    the same problem, but i didn't have a ".winetrickcache" folder..
    sorry for pushing..
    EDIT: ubuntu lucid 10.10
    Nowadays it's ~/.cache/winetricks. If anyone reading this post doesn't know what that means, it means you have to go to your home folder in Nautilus (File Manager), then choose View -> Show Hidden Files from the menu in order to see the ".cache" folder, then delete the "winetricks" folder inside it.

Even winetricks-alpha (http://winetricks.org/winetricks-alpha, referred to in the WineHQ wiki article, http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks) has this problem from time to time.

Winetricks may also make some assumptions about running inside a folder it has write access to (based on the error messages I saw). I installed 'winetricks-alpha' in /usr/local/bin (which ordinary users can't write to on my system), and the graphical Winetricks UI bombed with error messages about sha1sums. What had really happened was it wasn't able to create a cache folder and it actually didn't download anything at all, but all the error messages were being displayed in the terminal. Deleting ~/.cache/winetricks and running winetricks from my home directory in a terminal was successful:

Code:
    cd                         # switch to home directory
    winetricks-alpha dotnet20  # /usr/local/bin is already in my $PATH
    Last edited by kernst; January 26th, 2011 at 07:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast