Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [SOLVED] Beryl & Compiz-Fusion

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Beryl & Compiz-Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by TDragon View Post
    Fresh install.

OK, that worked, but i had to downgrade some pkgs. I just ran the script w/ standard options and it failed. I attached the output because its getting longer and longer.
    Okay, I understand the problem. More likely than not, you have a compiz and bcop folder(s) near the script. Delete them (and any other folders that got created) then run the script again (I know it's frustrating). What's happening is the script thinks that Compiz (and bcop) is updated, compiled, and installed... when in actuality it isn't. The plugins can't compile without Compiz installed so that's why it's failing. That's what I'm understanding from the error ouput.

Long story short, delete all the folders (everything the script created) then run the script again. (When all else fails, delete everything and start over again ). That should do the trick!

If you're tired of doing this through the forums, I'd be happy to work over MSN, AIM, or Yahoo. Let me know how it goes!
    Last edited by isaacj87; August 13th, 2008 at 04:21 AM.
    Laptop: [AMD Vision A4-3300M | 8GB RAM | ATI Radeon 6480G | Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit]

Studio Box: [AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ | 4GB RAM | Nvidia 210 | M-Audio FastTrackPro | KXStudio 11.04 64-bit | 2.6.31-rt14-custom | KDE 4.6.5]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Lightbulb Re: Beryl & Compiz-Fusion

getting even closer. failed @ compizconfig-python.

Let's do this over IM. I have Google Talk, MSN, and Yahoo!. I just have to install a client on this machine
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ubuntu: IntrepidIbex x32 v8.10-RC (v2.6.27-7 Kernel) / Gnome / C.Fusion / Emerald / Guake / wicd / etc...
    UbuntuUser#: 24216

Beans
    Distro

Lightbulb Re: Beryl & Compiz-Fusion

Fresh install.

OK, that worked, but i had to downgrade some pkgs. I just ran the script w/ standard options and it failed. I attached the output because its getting longer and longer.
    getting even closer. failed @ compizconfig-python.

Let's do this over IM. I have Google Talk, MSN, and Yahoo!. I just have to install a client on this machine
    Getting even closer again! Failed @ fakeargb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ubuntu: IntrepidIbex x32 v8.10-RC (v2.6.27-7 Kernel) / Gnome / C.Fusion / Emerald / Guake / wicd / etc...

Beans
    Distro

Re: Beryl & Compiz-Fusion

SOLVED - Worked w/Isaac last night over IM and wound up ditching the git scripts and just installed the packages one by one with apt-get.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234