Thread: banshee 1.2 amarok import problem

Beans

banshee 1.2 amarok import problem

Hello,
    I have been using amarok to manage my music for a while now, but i've heard great things about the new banshee and wanted to give it a try. I have 1.2 installed and working now, but i hit a small snag. One of the main features i wanted to try was the amarok library import. When i ask it to import the library, a little progress bar appears in the bottom left for about 1 second then goes away. Seeing as how my music library is on the large side, i know it should be taking a lot longer than that. Also, it is only saying there is 4k songs in banshee's library and that number should be a LOT higher. My main concern is song ratings and play counts. I use those to manage playlists for my portable player.

Any suggestions?
    (maybe does the amarok DB have to be set to sqlite or something specific?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: banshee 1.2 amarok import problem

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same thing. My amarok setup is using mysql to index my music. I tried a clean config of banshee (no music in it) to use the amarok import, but the it doesn't do anything (progress bar appears for 1 second). Then I tried the import feature with all my music allready imported to banshee, but still the same problem

Beans

it looks like they issued an update (ver 1.2.1) yesterday, and one of the fixes listed in it was for the amarok import. So i'm going to give that a try tonight and see what happens.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

any update on this problem?

Beans

I have not had a chance to test it yet, i'll probably be doing that in the next couple of days