Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: / [kubuntu] Kubuntu changes boot-up splash

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

/ [kubuntu] Kubuntu changes boot-up splash

Hey all,

Now I do dislike KDE, but it doesn't mean I don't like going on it every now and then, so today I install the Desktop manager. It's awesome how my files and stuff blend in well like I used Kubuntu. ANYWAYS.

When I rebooted, I first saw the KDE splash while it shuts down you know it goes backwards of how much its done halting, and when I booted, I saw it again, I was like crap crap KDE WAS set at default.. and the login manger was xubuntu because I tried that, I went to synaptic, finished uninstalled xubuntu, changed login screen, my LAST PROBLEM IS, I want it back to Ubuntu, because Kubuntu gives me the chills, anyone know how to change the bootup spalsh from Kubuntu to Ubuntu again,

Thanks all
    -PCessna
    Ubuntu+GNOME! Main Computer: 3.00GHZ, 2048MB RAM, 17" Widescreen monitor, Ubuntu 8.10 (64-bit), Windows XP MCE 2005 (32-bit).Resolution: 1280 x 720 Laptop: 700MHZ, 128 MB ram, 1x" LCD Montior. Windows 2000 PRO (32-bit), Resolution 1024 x768.

Beans

Re: / [kubuntu] Kubuntu changes boot-up splash

You could try

Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm
    Guide is available here

Beans

You can also try:
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install usplash-theme-ubuntu
    This will install the ubuntu boot screen and then:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure usplash
    I hope this helps

Beans
    Distro

Bigger problem, no longer displays a splash, just the booting up text and shutting down. Holy crap.

Anyone know to DISPLAY a splash.
    Ubuntu+GNOME! Main Computer: 3.00GHZ, 2048MB RAM, 17" Widescreen monitor, Ubuntu 8.10 (64-bit), Windows XP MCE 2005 (32-bit).Resolution: 1280 x 720 Laptop: 700MHZ, 128 MB ram, 1x" LCD Montior. Windows 2000 PRO (32-bit), Resolution 1024 x768.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PCessna View Post
    Bigger problem, no longer displays a splash, just the booting up text and shutting down. Holy crap.

Anyone know to DISPLAY a splash.
    Anyone..please

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Code:
    sudo apt-get install startupmanager
    Then start it by System->Administration->Startup-Manager, click on Appearance tab and change the usplash theme.
    Sayak Banerjee
    KDE Sysadmin | KDE e.V.
    Need help? Contact us.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi,

Go and get Startup manager from the repos. Then Sytem > Admin > Startup Manager in Gnome (dont know how to do this in KDE).Then appearance tab in SUM (StartUpManager) and change your usplash theme.The default one is usplash-theme-ubuntu (clck on manage to add it, then go to wherever it is).

I have also attached the usplash theme for you. Unzip it and do the following
    Code:
    sudo cp <the unzipped *.so> /usr/lib/usplash/
    Then in appearance, Usplash Theme, Manage Usplash theme go to the path /usr/lib/usplash/ and select usplash-theme-ubuntu.so

Cheers,

Lordadi.

A bit late!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lordadi; August 11th, 2008 at 05:10 PM. Reason: A bit late!
    Time is short, and life is crazy. Make the best of both.
    Mark as [SOLVED] so we know where to look for resolutions

Beans
    Distro

Now I've lost it. It won't work, Ubuntu can't read the one this person gave me so now I have NONE.. WHAT DO I DO?

PLEASE HELP ME. WHY WON'T IT WORK.

I don't get it omfg...

(WHAT DO I CONFIGURE IN THIS STUPID STARUP UTILITY)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PCessna View Post
    Now I've lost it. It won't work, Ubuntu can't read the one this person gave me so now I have NONE.. WHAT DO I DO?

PLEASE HELP ME. WHY WON'T IT WORK.

I don't get it omfg...

(WHAT DO I CONFIGURE IN THIS STUPID STARUP UTILITY)
    how much anyone wants to bet theyll be no more replys

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi,

Once you download the file, decompress it (sorry about this but, right click and extract here) THEN do
    Code:
    sudo cp <the unzipped *.so> /usr/lib/usplash/
    For example, you download to your desktop, then right click and select extract here. After that in a terminal
    Code:
    sudo cp /home/<your username>/Desktop/usplash-theme-ubuntu.so /usr/lib/usplash/
    Then go to StartUpManager (System > Admin > StartUp Manager) then go to the appearance tab, and then go to Manage usplash themes. Then browse your way to /usr/lib/usplash/ and select usplash-theme-ubuntu.so and apply the change.

Sorry if this seems to be oversimplified and overexplained or if you feel i have insulted your intelligence, but i thought my previous post was clear as mud.

Cheers,

Lordadi.
    Last edited by lordadi; August 12th, 2008 at 06:21 PM.
    Time is short, and life is crazy. Make the best of both.
    Mark as [SOLVED] so we know where to look for resolutions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast