Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SiS 671/672 Graphics: OpenGL/3D driver

Beans

Re: SiS 671/672 Graphics: OpenGL/3D driver

I have the sis 650 and i cant use zattoo because of the lack of 3D driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm111 View Post
    I have the sis 650 and i cant use zattoo because of the lack of 3D driver.
    I too have a IGP graphics SIS 650 and as far as I know it doesn't support 3D even on windows xp with windows sis drivers.

edit.
    I just visited zattoo.com and everything seams to work, except the player I'm still waiting to download as my location is not yet supported, there's nothing there to do with 3d graphics.
    Last edited by gandaran; August 15th, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

Beans

Hello,

I wanted to buy a Fujitsu siemens laptop with SiS mirage 3 chipset for my little brother but this forum made me think again and I'll choose something else...Screw them and their crappy hardware and missing Linux drivers!

Thanks!

Beans

Clevo support is annoying.

August 12
    Me: asking for the driver, no matter in which form.

Support: "how about using google?" sends me a link to the vista drivers... "there are too many types of linux anyway, we can't support all of them..."

Me: "well...." ignoring the vista link, explaining some things related to Xorg. Asking them to maybe just contact Barros Lee for more info.

Support: no reply...

August 20
    Me: "Hi, it's me again..." This is what Barros Lee wrote... Please contact Clevo Taipei as they supposedly have the driver.

Support: "So far we don't have any reply of SiS. But I also don't know whom to contact at Clevo Taipei."

August 21
    Me: (assuming that the support guy is Chinese)Xu先生:您好!
    您是中国人吗? 我不是所以我给Clevo台北写邮件的话他们有可能看不懂。你们公司肯定有他们服务联系信息。请帮我给他们 写一封邮件。
    谢了啊!

Support: no reply...

-----

I'll try again...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thx for your great effort to get over all that f***in support lines a linux driver.
    ... put your money where your mouth is ...
    stop sustaining Microsoft (and its pet named Apple)!
    Use the Thanks-button if you feel like!

Beans

Still no reply. So I wrote a trilingual mail to all support addresses listed at the Clevo website as below. My Chinese is no so great but I think it is necessary as Clevo as well as SiS are operating from China.

<snip/>
    Last edited by rekado; May 31st, 2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: outdated

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thanks for trying so hard to solve this, as it seems, impossible mission.
    I will recieve my Zepto Titan A15 this week, which is equiped with a SiS Mirage 3 graphic card...

Since I found out the (in)compability issues after ordering the laptop I have already asked Zepto for the driver, and today I was told that they have been in contact with both SiS and the manufacturer of the motherboard used in that laptop without any results.

Beans

Hmm, sounds bad. I received a reply from the UK service center. They said they are only responsible for warranty issues and repair. Told me to contact the HQ of Clevo. But my hopes are not high to actually receive a statement from Clevo Taipei.

Beans

I've got a reply from Clevo (a customer of SiS or at least notebook manufacturer) now:

"Dear Sir

We regret to inform you that, we can not provide technical service to the end user.

If you have any problem, Please contact your vendor or his distributor to help you.

Thank you,"

They are cute, aren't they? SiS says: "contact our customer, i.e. the notebook manufacturer", the manufacturer (clevo) says: "contact the vendor", the vendor says... well, nothing. They don't know anything and just sell stuff...

So, who should I ask now?
    The laptop that I bought for my wife is Haier A20 which is a rebranded Clevo M721 or so using chips by SiS. So when I see that right I need to ask Haier to give me driver, even though they told me they can't (this is where I asked in the first place). They just buy from Clevo and replace their logo.

According to SiS' process description Clevo needs to offer the driver. What a mess!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by rekado View Post
    I've got a reply from Clevo (a customer of SiS or at least notebook manufacturer) now:

"Dear Sir

We regret to inform you that, we can not provide technical service to the end user.

If you have any problem, Please contact your vendor or his distributor to help you.

Thank you,"

They are cute, aren't they? SiS says: "contact our customer, i.e. the notebook manufacturer", the manufacturer (clevo) says: "contact the vendor", the vendor says... well, nothing. They don't know anything and just sell stuff...

So, who should I ask now?
    The laptop that I bought for my wife is Haier A20 which is a rebranded Clevo M721 or so using chips by SiS. So when I see that right I need to ask Haier to give me driver, even though they told me they can't (this is where I asked in the first place). They just buy from Clevo and replace their logo.

According to SiS' process description Clevo needs to offer the driver. What a mess!
    Well, as you explored any possible holes the driver could be hidden in, and .. well.. every hole was protected by either poisionous spieders and/or trolls, sell your laptop and get a new one... I don't see any other possibility atm. I am sorry.
    Last edited by soxs; September 15th, 2008 at 02:54 PM.
    ... put your money where your mouth is ...
    stop sustaining Microsoft (and its pet named Apple)!
    Use the Thanks-button if you feel like!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast