Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SiS 671/672 Graphics: OpenGL/3D driver

Beans

Red face Re: SiS 671/672 Graphics: OpenGL/3D driver

Sitting here in 'Vesa 2D' land... waiting for the wonderful almighty Gods at Sis to graciously deliver a 3D driver from above, to us lowly Linux Lemmings .... ERRRRR NO! .. this piece of s**t Sis laptop will be flogged to a Windows sucking mug, and a Linux friendly replacement will be grabbed

STUFF YOU SIS!

Beans

Re: SiS 671/672 Graphics: OpenGL/3D driver

Hmm, actually I feel uncomfortable giving up and selling a nice new laptop for much less than I bought it. Is there any more idea what we could do to get the driver? You sure don't all own laptops manufactured by Clevo, right? Could you name your laptop and the possible manufacturer? When Clevo doesn't want to help out maybe others still would.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

As I have already written here, I own a Zepto Titan A15 and have been in contact with Zepto's customer service even before I got my laptop delivered. I then got a mail from that specific person at Zepto that has been in contact with both SiS and the manufacturer of the actual laptop regarding this matter. Unfortunately without any result. He did give a hint, though that there may be an integrated 3D OpenSuse driver that should work with this graphic card, but since I saw a post in a Suse forum refering to ubuntuforums.org as a solution to a related problem, I strongly doubt that.

Anyway, I have a greater problem right now. I am forced to run Gutsy on this laptop, since the wireless (an Intel (!) 4965) isn't working properly. I'm awaiting Intrepid to see whether this is solved in this release or not.

This is rather "off-topic" but describes my main issues nowadays. (Hardy - No 3D, no wireless but sound | Gutsy - No 3D, but wireless, on the other hand no sound)

Beans
    Distro

Arrow The wiki is still running ...

Hi,

I didn't notice that the old thread has gone. So I wondered why I got no mail notifications anymore.

Anway I just wanted to rephrase my offer to collect all available SiS drivers and information on my dedicated wiki page:

http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net/WikiB...ge=LinuxSis67x

Just send it to "dennis*ncc-1701a.homelinux.net". Both - the wiki and the mail server - are running on my small home server which in contrast to free offerings like RapidShare doesn't use ambigous captchas. So please help me with my efforts to establish a central informwation pool for the SiS driver issue.

Dennis

Beans

Re: The wiki is still running ...

Got a reply from the offical Haier service:

尊敬的用户:
    您好!来函收悉!
    非常感谢您信任海尔并选择了海尔产品!由于A20系列的所有笔记本没有预装Linux操
    作系统的,因此,无法向您提供A20的linux系统的相关驱动程序,如果您还有什么问
    题需要和我们联系,请您及时拨打:4006999999服务电话,我们会给您提供满意的服
    务的!
    祝您:
    生活愉快
    海尔电脑顾服部
    2008年9月25日

Embedded in all the default sentences full of expressions of courtesy there is the message: "Our notebooks don't come with Linux pre-installed, hence we cannot help you to get the driver for Linux."

I'm tired.

Beans
    Distro

Re: The wiki is still running ...

Quote Originally Posted by rekado View Post
    Got a reply from the offical Haier service:

尊敬的用户:
    您好!来函收悉!
    非常感谢您信任海尔并选择了海尔产品!由于A20系列的所有笔记本没有预装Linux操
    作系统的,因此,无法向您提供A20的linux系统的相关驱动程序,如果您还有什么问
    题需要和我们联系,请您及时拨打:4006999999服务电话,我们会给您提供满意的服
    务的!
    祝您:
    生活愉快
    海尔电脑顾服部
    2008年9月25日

Embedded in all the default sentences full of expressions of courtesy there is the message: "Our notebooks don't come with Linux pre-installed, hence we cannot help you to get the driver for Linux."

I'm tired.
    It's a pity really. Thanks for trying, though.

Dennis

Beans

Re: 2D drivers for SIS 672

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Schulmeister View Post
    I didn't notice that the old thread has gone. So I wondered why I got no mail notifications anymore.
    Anway I just wanted to rephrase my offer to collect all available SiS drivers and information on my dedicated wiki page:
    Dennis

Thanks to your page I was able to solve the problem with my Packard Bell Easynote MX37-T-003 laptop with SIS Mirage 3+ (SiS M672 chipset) video card.
    When trying to use those 2D drivers from Barros Lee, I had mixed-up colors (some users called them "negative"). The fix was to insert the following line in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file:
    Code:
    Option "useROMData " "False"
    Pictures of the problem and the config files can be found on this web page http://superpikmaster.googlepages.com/sis. The old thread is now closed for new posting, so I wanted to share my experience here.

Now I am looking to enable DRI for this driver, as I still get this error
    Code:
    drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:01:00.0
    drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
    drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
    drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
    drmOpenDevice: Open failed
    Thanks.

Beans

Couldn't you create like a petition site and link all the linux dstro forums to it asking for them to bombard SiS with requests for drivers?

Good luck!

Beans

I'm tired, how about you organize it...? They certainly know my name already, anyway :-p

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rekado View Post
    I'm tired, how about you organize it...? They certainly know my name already, anyway :-p
    I don't think it would be my place considering I don't have an SiS chipset. Also if you started it, they'd be sitting there thinking "the linux is strong with this one".

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast