Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1210

Thread: Comprehensive ndiswrapper troubleshooting guide

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Wireless issue with old HP

I have a HP ze4400 and I have a Zyxel M-102 and Netgear WG511 PCMCIA wireless cards.I cannot get either one to work and I have tried ndiswrapper and that doesn't work. Can anyone help me out. I appreciate it.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Comprehensive ndiswrapper troubleshooting guide

I have a old HP ze4400 laptop and 2 old PCMCIA wireless cards Netgear wG511 and Zyxel M-102. i cannot get either one to work. I have ndiswrapper installed but still nothing works. Can someone please help me. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

With your experience in Ubuntuforums you should know that double-posting is not welcome.
    Merged.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

mastergunner: sorry, I don't check the forums too often anymore. I am willing to help you if you post more information. In particular, it would be good to see the output of:
    Code:
    uname -a
    lspci -nn
    lsusb
    lshw -C Network
    If I don't respond in a reasonable amount of time feel free to send a message, which will go to email to remind me.

Beans

Hi, I can't believe I overlooked this sticky. My current thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2120598

I currently am having issues installing my Netgear WG111T USB Wireless Adapter in Ubuntu 12.10.

At first I had the FATAL: No module found error with Ndiswrapper, then found out there was a bug in that version so I updated to 1.58 the stable suggested one and installed the driver but still doesn't detect it. It still shows up as in the Network Manager as "no" for hardware.

This is what I get if I run lsusb in terminal:
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 1385:4251 Netgear, Inc WG111T (no firmware)

Can someone please offer any advice? I feel like I'm just missing some other files maybe.

Beans
    Distro

gnueliafnak: what is the output of:
    Code:
    uname -a
    ndiswrapper -l
    Also, I gather from some quick googling that there is also a native Linux driver for your card called ar5523. If ndiswrapper won't work you should explore that route. The Debian wiki has instructions for downloading and compling the source, and I am happy to help you with that process if you need some assistance.

Beans

Which method do you recommend? Continue to get it to work with ndiswrapper or the native linux driver route?

I read the instructions for dling and compiling the source, it seems straight forward, but it mentioned a module assistant. Do I have to dl that also or is that included in 12.10 Ubuntu.

If it isn't too much trouble, can you just list out the steps I should take if I were to install the native linux driver? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

A native driver is usually preferable, if you can get it installed. The instructions on the Debian wiki that I linked to should work on Ubuntu as well, with a few modifications: skip steps 1 and 2, and for three, run this command instead of what is listed:
    Code:
    install build-essential debhelper fakeroot module-assistant quilt subversion wget && exit
    After that, all of the other commands through step 9 should work. If you get errors, please all of your output here.

If you follow these steps you will install module-assistant and the other packages you need to compile the driver.

Beans

Hi,

i hope that you can help me. I'm trying to install the driver for the sinus 154 stick.
    Code:
     ndiswrapper -l 
     driver installed device (0572:2002) present (alternate driver: p54usb)
    The p54usb driver is on the blacklist.
    Code:
    sudo depmod -a
    sudo ndiswrapper -m
    work without a problem.
    But when i enter
    Code:
    sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
    the system freezes after a few seconds.
    i get a blackscreen with:
    Code:
    [  86.009057] [<c1012897>] ? __bad_area_nosemaphore+0x12a/0x132
    [  86.009057] [<c1388790>] ? vt_console_print+0x1e0/0x360
    thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

It shows "p54usb" as an alternate native Linux driver. Uninstall ndiswrapper and install the packege

linux-firmware-nonfree

Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121 LastLast