Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re: What do you think about the forum staff ?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: What do you think about the forum staff ?

If it makes a difference, I got a warning for calling LaRoza a doodie head...

No really, I'm serious.

I do start to think admins are being over-hired, and have started spreading out the discipline.
    Last edited by Frak; August 10th, 2008 at 07:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Since you seem to disagree with the warning, I'm moving it to the Res Center (note: this post bumped a long-dead thread about opinions of forum staff).
    I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile
    Should I PM support questions? NO!

Beans
    Hidden!

Nice useless extrataneous post. I've already talked to matthew and he refused to remove it.

This is what happens when you expand the bureaucracy, too many buereus are created; while some are overactively slamming the guilty-by-mistake, others are slow to react and provide poor aid.

And happy day, you got to use that fancy split topic button.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well, another admin will review the situation soon. In the meantime, the waaahmbulance has been called and will arrive in due course.
    I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile
    Should I PM support questions? NO!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by p_quarles View Post
    In the meantime, the waaahmbulance has been called and will arrive in due course.
    No comment, this serves as proof of the flaky high-horsed "admins" that "admin" this forum.

Beans
    Hidden!

It's weird, somebody gives you admin and you think you have to right to even suggest that you earned a thank you from the community. A bit chauvinistic in my opinion.

As to the post above, you have admins that overdo their jobs, start watching everyones p's and q's, and those that don't do anything but use those extra abilities every so often because they can.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Calm down, Frak. It isn't as bad as you might think. We're mods by the way.

Admins?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    As to the post above, you have admins that overdo their jobs, start watching everyones p's and q's, and those that don't do anything but use those extra abilities every so often because they can.
    Interesting claim. It is true, I have done things (although I am a mod, you seem to apply "admin" to all staff") because I can, like edit my thread titles, or lock my own threads (see my programming challenges, I lock them during grading), or very occassionly fix typos in other thread titles (that is rare).

You are using a logical fallacy, inappropriate generalisation, and even that doesn't really apply. You are using one example, of a warning you received for something that under certain circumstances could deserve it, to generalise to all "admins". We have less admins than we did before and none of them are "new".

As for why we can be "flaky" and "high horsed", how would you be if you had to deal with the things we deal with? Of course, most of the snippier things I have said are to spammers (and they can't check their PM's anyway, so it doesn't matter). We, in general, are normal users doing what we like to do with the added responsibility of being staff. We are used to things like this: http://linsux.org/index.php?topic=310.0

Found this: (I am flattered)http://linsux.org/index.php?topic=348.0

I am a very sensitive person to criticism but even I find those things funny, beneath my notice.

Beans

Frak as you think the staff here are so bad I suggest a time out from the Forums. To assist you with that I have issued you a 10 point infraction that expires in one month
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Nice useless extrataneous post. I've already talked to matthew and he refused to remove it.
    For what it is worth, I was never approached with this request, not by PM nor by email. I can't refuse a request I never received. It's a trivial side note, but since you mentioned me specifically by name, I decided to let the facts be made clear.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast