Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussies, eat kangaroo, save the planet

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Aussies, eat kangaroo, save the planet

Well, I'm back from the shops, and Kanga Bangers were sold out dammit! I've got some kangaroo mince to make some rissoles, or maybe spag bog, I haven't decided yet.

Anyhoo, while I was walking to the shops I was listening to yesterdays Science Show (Radio National) on my MP3 player, and it featured an interview with the scientist named in the OPs link. If you're interested, you can listen to it here......

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/scienceshow/default.htm

And, no, I haven't tried monitor lizard. I once had the chance to try goanna cooked on campfire coals, but turned it down.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I got a better solution for Mr.Scientist: How about they eat as much cow meat as needed so they won't have that issue? If people just learned to keep their teeth together... This world is full of over-consuming idiots -.-

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I have even better solution : Everbody becoming Vegans and Vegetarians.

EDIT: There is no intention of flaming or convincing anyone to become a veg.
    Please take no offense if indeed there is offense.
    Last edited by Canis familiaris; August 10th, 2008 at 02:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Disgusting.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Anurag_panda View Post
    I have even better solution : Everbody becoming Vegans and Vegetarians.
    FAIL.

So let's say everyone DOES become some variety of vegetarian. Do we just needlessly slaughter all the cows, pigs, chickens and sheep that have been raised? Or sink a lot of money into them living out their (admittedly) wretched lives for no benefit to anyone?

Furthermore, humans evolved as omnivores. Meat is damn near essential to our diets. Sure, you CAN live without eating any meat, but not in any way that resembles a natural diet, i.e. men should not eat a diet in which soy provides a majority of protein, as it has been shown to significantly reduce fertility in men.

The only reasonable answer to this is to lower the human population to a level at which the production (and methods of production) of enough food to feed the extant population does not poison the planet.

Stop parroting useless extremest ideas and either offer useful ideas or don't offer any.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by mrgnash View Post
    Disgusting.
    why so?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty Juggler View Post
    FAIL.

So let's say everyone DOES become some variety of vegetarian. Do we just needlessly slaughter all the cows, pigs, chickens and sheep that have been raised? Or sink a lot of money into them living out their (admittedly) wretched lives for no benefit to anyone?

Furthermore, humans evolved as omnivores. Meat is damn near essential to our diets. Sure, you CAN live without eating any meat, but not in any way that resembles a natural diet, i.e. men should not eat a diet in which soy provides a majority of protein, as it has been shown to significantly reduce fertility in men.

The only reasonable answer to this is to lower the human population to a level at which the production (and methods of production) of enough food to feed the extant population does not poison the planet.

Stop parroting useless extremest ideas and either offer useful ideas or don't offer any.
    I had no intention of flaming or force everyone to become vegetarians. Stay Rest Assured. I dunno why you got so angry, though.
    Though I don't agree with your opinions, I wont argue.

Also if you really found my post dreadful, flaming or insulting. You could have just clicked the 'Report' button.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty Juggler View Post
    FAIL.

OK, first, I'm a vegetarian. I never realised I was an extremist though, can I get arrested for this in your country? See, most people assume we are all the same, but it seems in your country vegetarians are extremists. Or maybe it's not your country, just your own little world.

You said, "Stop parroting useless extremest ideas and either offer useful ideas or don't offer any."

And yet you also said, "The only reasonable answer to this is to lower the human population to a level at which the production (and methods of production) of enough food to feed the extant population does not poison the planet. "

So @Anurag_panda advocated eating vegetables, and you advocated reducing the population, and you call his/her views extreme.
    Desktop: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 Core 2 Duo 6300 1 GB Dual channel DDR 2 Nvidia 7300 GS
    Laptop: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 2515 Intel T5450 Core 2 Duo 2 GB Dual Channel DDR2 Ram 160gb HDD (Vista/Linux Mint 5)
    [Missing OMGPP]

Beans
    Hidden!

No I like a nice big juicy rib fillet steak waaayy too much to become a vegetarian!

Not to mention Lamb roast...*drool*

Each to their own I say, I love the food at the Hare Krishna restaurants and there is no meat there, and there is no denying the food is excellent either. (IMO of course)

No on topic...kangaroo is rather tasty, but the trick is not to cook it too much or it gets a bit tough, best is medium rare, and try and get thinner slices steaks as they fatter ones tend to curl up into a ball when heated. Best when they are marinated in garlic as well, also helps with keeping the meat tender, as you can imagine they can be rather tough if not cooked right!

I buy it a fair bit, makes a nice change to a meal every now and then.

Beans
    Hidden!

Americans, eat bugs like Timone and Pumba. Save the planet.
    Another round of Ubuntu for my friends here!
    Fighting to bring Pink back to The Pink Ponies archive.
    DELETE INSANITY!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast