Thread: Acer AL1716 Monitor taking a long time to display.

Beans

Acer AL1716 Monitor taking a long time to display.

I received this Acer AL1716 Monitor as a free gift from my Uncle. He said it didn't work so I asked for it to see if it really was broken.

The thing is... it's like half broken.
    I can get it to turn on okay but it takes like 10-30 minutes to display anything on the screen depending on the refresh rate I have it on.

When I have it on a res of 800x600 @ 56 then it will display in about 10 minutes. 1280x1024 (native res) @ 75 then it takes closer to 30 minutes.

I have tested this on Windows and Ubuntu and 2 different computers and it does the same thing.

Right now I use a command line res changer in Windows so I can change my resolution back to 800x600 @ 56 when I start my computer.

Some technical details:
    Once I get it to display the monitor works fine. I can restart the computer and it will work fine.
    At almost anytime if I try to switch to 1280x1024 @ 75 it will not display anymore and I will have to wait awhile for the display to come back.

Exactly what happens:
    I turn on my computer, The power light comeson and I see the Acer logo on the screen and then the monitor goes black and the power light turns off for a second. It just keeps repeating that over and over until something makes it want to turn on.

What is wrong with my Monitor?

Beans

Re: Acer AL1716 Monitor taking a long time to display.

Anyone?

Beans

Re: Acer AL1716 Monitor taking a long time to display.

I guess I will just call Acer and ask them.