Thread: I've had no luck with CrossOver-what about Wine?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I've had no luck with CrossOver-what about Wine?

Hi,
    I've had limited, if any, results using CrossOver Linux for Ubuntu Hardy on my aluminum iMac. Oddly enough, I have had better luck on my Macbook Air with CrossOver version 6.2.

The latest version of CrossOver especially causes the wireless to freeze on my iMac.

Does Wine work any better for intel Macs or does anybody have concrete results they can share?

I hope this question falls in the scope of allowed questions for this forum.

Many Thanks, Frank B.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: I've had no luck with CrossOver-what about Wine?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightbelt View Post
    Hi,
    I've had limited, if any, results using CrossOver Linux for Ubuntu Hardy on my aluminum iMac. Oddly enough, I have had better luck on my Macbook Air with CrossOver version 6.2.
    Why would it work any different for you on your Air or iMac. They both must be Core (2) Duo processors.

The latest version of CrossOver especially causes the wireless to freeze on my iMac.
    How have you confirmed that Crossover is to blame for your wireless freezing?

Does Wine work any better for intel Macs or does anybody have concrete results they can share?
    Crossover is a commercial version of Wine, so I don't see why Wine would work any better. If anything Crossover should be easier to use. Neither Wine nor Crossover will work at all on PPC Macs, is that what you're asking?

I hope this question falls in the scope of allowed questions for this forum.

Many Thanks, Frank B.
    Perhaps you should consult the Wine forum?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: I've had no luck with CrossOver-what about Wine?

Thanks for responding; I'll see about consulting the wine forum.