Thread: Problem with refresh rate and resolution...

Beans

Question Problem with refresh rate and resolution...

Let me first say that I have NEVER done anything with Linux whatsoever. But, I figure you've got to start somewhere. So, please be patient with my n00bness and give me ULTRA simple directions.

Okay... I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro GFX card. I just installed Ubuntu (dual booting with vista). My monitor has this floating box that says "Input Not Supported." It used to do that in XP before I changed my refresh rate to 75 Hz. Also, my resolution is too big for my screen. Parts of the screen are cut off. When I try the Screen Resolution tool, it gives me only the option for "85 Hz." And any alternate resolution messes up the display entirely.

I have researched this quite a bit and found that this seems to be a common problem. But, I can't understand the solutions to fix it, because I'm such a n00b. Anyways, what do I do?

Thanks for ANY help!

Beans

Re: Problem with refresh rate and resolution...

Anyone??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Problem with refresh rate and resolution...

Perhaps try the guide on this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fi...esolutionHowto.
    About half-way down is a section entitled, "ATI - Refresh Rate & Resolution QuickFix"