Thread: [SOLVED] Drivers & ubuntu.

Beans

Question [SOLVED] Drivers & ubuntu.

Hey everyone.

I recently installed ubuntu again. What I was so happy about that it installed almost all the drivers automatically. The question is, does it install the graphic card automatically too ?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Drivers & ubuntu.

From what I remember it has a basic driver. If you want to do some gaming your best bet is to download the newest driver from the the manufacture of your card. I'm just getting back to ubuntu so I might be wrong.

PS nice name...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_shot View Post
    From what I remember it has a basic driver. If you want to do some gaming your best bet is to download the newest driver from the the manufacture of your card. I'm just getting back to ubuntu so I might be wrong.

PS nice name...
    Hey my nickname twin

Nah I don't think I have to download it. Because the visual effects are working great + I will not use this PC for games that needs a really fast graphic card. I was just wondering if it was installed automatically. Thanks for the reply anyway .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

What is your graphics card
    Eather way... there is no harm in trying
    load a live cd and see.
    If yes great, if no google!
    problem solved!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by loligager View Post
    What is your graphics card
    Eather way... there is no harm in trying
    load a live cd and see.
    If yes great, if no google!
    problem solved!
    Well my graphic card is ATI radeon 9250 I tried to install it like 100 times & I used Google. But when it was installed instead of the graphics being fast. The system went too slow & the visual effects too :/.I reinstalled the whole system again & the visual effects is great now + the computer's perfomance. So I said maybe the system installed it automatically or something.