Thread: Problems with suspending

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Problems with suspending

Hey, I HAVE looked around for my problem but its always a different sort of suspending problem that they have. Anyway, when I put my computer to sleep it goes fine. The problem is waking it up. Is there a specific button to press to wake ubuntu up? On Windows I know you can just push any button usually, or else space bar. I tried every button on the keyboard/mouse until trying the power button located on the computer. Half of the time this works and my computer wakes up fine, but then half the time it just turns off the computer. I'm a bit confused by this. I use restricted drivers just for my NVIDIA 8600 GT. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Problems with suspending

I gave up on hibernating and suspending with ubuntu... But when I was trying to see if I could get it to work, I had to use the power button to get it back. Then I ran into a different problem, I'd just get a black screen and ultimately would have to force quit. I have seen lot's of posts with similar situations and no solution... hopefully a definite solution will be available soon...
    "There are 10 types of people: Those who read binary and those who don't"
    >>>"who is general failure and why is he reading my files"<<<
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 22367
    Howto automount NTFS - My wallpaper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Problems with suspending

Yeah, thats what I've been trying. That's my main problem. Half of the time the power button works but half the time it just turns off my computer instead of waking it up.