Thread: Pea Zip

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Pea Zip

The other day i downloaded PeaZip from Sourceforge and I got it all installed. But I dont know how it works. Can I just download a .rar file as I would have when I used Winblows and it will work like that, or will i need to use command line prompts? If I need cmd line prompts can someone please show me how to extract the files to my desktop. Also are there places where I can go to "personalize" my desktop?

Beans

Re: Pea Zip

PeaZip once installed is located on Applications->System Tools->PeaZip. It has a GUI interface.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I have tried to open it like that, and it wont open. Can I still do it from the command line, or just open up the rar file?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by at2smithjason View Post
    I have tried to open it like that, and it wont open. Can I still do it from the command line, or just open up the rar file?
    You could execute peazip in your terminal:

Code:
    peazip
    Or to check in peazip application exist, do:

Code:
    which peazip
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by iaculallad View Post
    You could execute peazip in your terminal:

Code:
    peazip
    Or to check in peazip application exist, do:

Code:
    which peazip
    Code:
    jason@jason-laptop:~$ peazip
    peazip: error while loading shared libraries: libglib-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    jason@jason-laptop:~$ 
    jason@jason-laptop:~$
    Thats what I get. Maybe I installed the wrong copy of it?

Beans

Try uninstalling your current peazip and download the deb file in this location.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks, its working now.