Oh a virtual desktop?
    Goto Applications>WINE>Configure WINE.
    or run
    Code:
    winecfg
    in the terminal.
    Then goto the Graphics tab.
    And select the option 'Emulate a virtual desktop.' and press OK or Apply

Blog | I'm available for programming contributions. C & Python.
    Intel Core i7 920 | EVGA x58 SLI | NVidia GeForce 8600 GT | WD 500GB HDD | Corsair XMS3 3GB | Ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Exaile vs. Songbird

I say songbird. Better memory usage, add-ons, light. There are many advantages, but last time I used it (Version 0.5, now it's 0.6.1) there wasn't any desktop integration, but you can't really blame them. I mean there are plenty of desktops environmets

Beans

I'm going with Songbird. Looks good, runs smoothly (no bugs experienced yet), and it's the first application I've seen that freely allows you to copy from the iPod to your computer, even if it does incorporate the 'ciphered' names.

Beans

Talking Re: Exaile vs. Songbird

I have packaged and installed Exaile, aMaroK, Songbird...etc and my preference is for songbird.

It has easiest to use interface, but I wish it searched for tunes by file name instead of just id3 metadata. It does have fast indexing, but doesn't autoindex, when you add new songs to a folder, you have to manually keep re-scanning which is a pain in the ****, it should auto-scan each time the program loads for new content.

I wrote an overall Ubuntu review as a windows replacement and itunes was one of my topics covered:

Read my review here:
    http://wandererthoughts.blogspot.com...es-part-1.html

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rdg11 View Post
    I mean actually have a window called Wine that has a Windows desktop in it and running the programs in there.
    Sir.. WINE = WINE is not [a windows] emulator.
    (I think. Either way, it's not. It's one of the irritating things about it, just because it takes so long to start up, it might as well be an emulator.. (which is kinda funny, cause I think wine might end up being like a stripped down, sleek, windows..))

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon101 View Post
    Sir.. WINE = WINE is not [a windows] emulator.
    (I think. Either way, it's not. It's one of the irritating things about it, just because it takes so long to start up, it might as well be an emulator.. (which is kinda funny, cause I think wine might end up being like a stripped down, sleek, windows..))
    It is pretty much like an emulator. If you prefer the term 'virtual', then fine..

potato, potahto

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I need songbird to support iPod album art!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12