Thread: OGV to QuickTime

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

OGV to QuickTime

Hey all,

Using Open Movie Editor, It's cool and simple, but only saves and recognizes QuickTime formats

Anyone know of a program to convert OGV to a quick time file, I don't need the audio, so if that helps you with a easier solution.

Awesome.
    -PCessna

Edit: I am not sure if I wish to use quicktime, if any one has any other Movie Editor suggestions, I'd be very greatful

-PCessna
    Last edited by PCessna; August 7th, 2008 at 11:35 PM.
    Ubuntu+GNOME! Main Computer: 3.00GHZ, 2048MB RAM, 17" Widescreen monitor, Ubuntu 8.10 (64-bit), Windows XP MCE 2005 (32-bit).Resolution: 1280 x 720 Laptop: 700MHZ, 128 MB ram, 1x" LCD Montior. Windows 2000 PRO (32-bit), Resolution 1024 x768.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: OGV to QuickTime

Quote Originally Posted by PCessna View Post
    Hey all,

Using Open Movie Editor, It's cool and simple, but only saves and recognizes QuickTime formats

Anyone know of a program to convert OGV to a quick time file, I don't need the audio, so if that helps you with a easier solution.

Awesome.
    -PCessna

Edit: I am not sure if I wish to use quicktime, if any one has any other Movie Editor suggestions, I'd be very greatful

-PCessna
    help please........
    Ubuntu+GNOME! Main Computer: 3.00GHZ, 2048MB RAM, 17" Widescreen monitor, Ubuntu 8.10 (64-bit), Windows XP MCE 2005 (32-bit).Resolution: 1280 x 720 Laptop: 700MHZ, 128 MB ram, 1x" LCD Montior. Windows 2000 PRO (32-bit), Resolution 1024 x768.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: OGV to QuickTime

There are quite a lot of movie editors on linux but only a few are fully stable. Since I don't use these programs much, I can't really help you with the quality aspects but here is a list you might want to look through.

* Kino
    * Pitivi
    * Jahshaka
    * Cinelerra
    * Avidemux