Thread: screen resolution isues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

screen resolution isues

is it just me but did ubuntu loose something of importance in screen resolution settings ? i have lost my second head , instead i have mice two screens cloned . when i install ubuntu 7 i have two heads and a mouse. but i want to upgrade to stay current. can some one help fix ubuntu 8 to include this feature that was in place but left behind. now i know there is a way but i can`t find it .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: screen resolution isues

Quote Originally Posted by geogur View Post
    is it just me but did ubuntu loose something of importance in screen resolution settings ? i have lost my second head , instead i have mice two screens cloned . when i install ubuntu 7 i have two heads and a mouse. but i want to upgrade to stay current. can some one help fix ubuntu 8 to include this feature that was in place but left behind. now i know there is a way but i can`t find it .
    Hi and if I understand you correctly you are speaking of dual monitors? What is the graphics card? There has been major changes with the xorg in Hardy.

Beans
    Distro

i am note sure of but you are right about the changes i have a nvidia ? so i am poping the open stay tuned

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

How many monitor do your have ? Two or One ?
    And did you first try a search in the forum . I found someone had a problem with resolution not so long ago http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=882233 here is the thread hope that will help you .
    Don't use the command Rm -rf if you don't fully know what you are doing it can seriously damage ur system

Beans
    Distro

i popped the case open i have a agp 256mb nvidia card running acer 1706 and a acer 2016w . the isue i have is there was a setting in preferances to select displays . now in ubuntu screen resulution it auto detects . the select displays option is missing from ubuntu 8 i saw the link and am reading the previous post thanks.

i am marking this one solved
    Last edited by geogur; August 7th, 2008 at 09:13 AM.