Thread: Hardy Logs Me out when Screen Saver is on

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hardy Logs Me out when Screen Saver is on

I'm sure someone else has had this problem. I upgraded from Gutsy to Hardy and had a ton of problems. Most of them resolved with software updates over the first couple months, but there were still some that annoyed me and didn't go away. Hearing that a fresh install fixed a lot of bugs, I thought I'd try it.

I installed Hardy from scratch on another partition, keeping the same drive that hold my /home directory as home. That fixed most of my problems, but I still have one that really drives me up the wall...

When gnome goes to screensaver, about 50% of the time, I just get logged out. Sometimes it will happen on its own and I'll hear the double drum beat come from my computer when GDM comes up. Other times, the screensaver will operate just fine until I hit a key and it will either pause for like 10 seconds before allowing me to put my password in, or it will log me out and put me back to gdm.

What can I do to fix this???!? Its at least better after reinstalling Hardy from scratch. When I updgraded, I had to just turn the screen saver off because every time it went to the screen saver it did it... now its intermittent.

Hardware is an AMD XP1800+ on an ABIT mobo, 1.5GB RAM, nVidia GeForce4 MX440 dual-head. I am running dual monitors and xinerama is working.

Thanks,
    spamking2000

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Hardy Logs Me out when Screen Saver is on

bump