Thread: virtualbox-ose-modules-generic update can not be checked off in Update Manager

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

virtualbox-ose-modules-generic update can not be checked off in Update Manager

There was an update that appeared in Update Manager a couple of days ago that I can't get checked off. Virtualbox continues to run, despite the fact that I can't download that update. I was just wondering, why can't that update be selected? What can I do to take care of this?

Beans

Re: virtualbox-ose-modules-generic update can not be checked off in Update Manager

It seems that the update is for a newer series of kernel modules for a kernel that isn't actually in Hardy (-20). My guess is there was a new proposed kernel that didn't get merged into -updates due to some problem, but for some reason virtualbox-ose-modules did.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: virtualbox-ose-modules-generic update can not be checked off in Update Manager

Compared to the experience I had while using VMware Server, I find this to be very impressive (if I'm understanding this correctly). An update has been issued BEFORE a kernel update came down the wire. (GASP!!!!) I mean... F-ing WOW! In any event, I know how to very easily recompile the kernel headers, so it doesn't worry me... but that the developers actually went out of their way to issue an update in advanced...

Beans

That's because SUN now owns this product and they are on the ball. You know I've used Both VMWareServer0 and Virtualbox and for preformance and stability Vbox takes the cake.