Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wine Segmentation Fault on crashday launch..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Wine Segmentation Fault on crashday launch..

Hey Guys... i installed a game called "crashday" and when i'm launching the game through wine i get this output:

fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOptionHelper INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECTED_STATE: semi-stub
    error_handler: C:\windows\profiles\All Users\Application Data\Trymedia\data\
    Segmentation fault

I tried the game on windows vista and it worked flawlessly.. plus i read on the wine website that this game is supported by wine and doesn't need any sort of tweaking to play it...

PS: I heard that a patch for wine called (3dMark) can solve it.. is it really related??

thanks..

Beans
    Distro

Re: Wine Segmentation Fault on crashday launch..

anyone??

Beans
    Distro

Unhappy what the hell is this error!!! (wine crashday)

#
    Segmentation fault
    #

I get this when launching a game in wine... but i don't think its wine related... what is a segmentation fault and how can i fix it ????

Beans
    Distro

Re: Wine Segmentation Fault on crashday launch..

Beans
    Distro

Re: what the hell is this error!!! (wine crashday)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

What's the command you are inputing while running your game ?
    Don't use the command Rm -rf if you don't fully know what you are doing it can seriously damage ur system

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by cmb11 View Post
    #
    Segmentation fault
    #

I get this when launching a game in wine... but i don't think its wine related... what is a segmentation fault and how can i fix it ????

you can try deleting your .wine folder under your home directory - then run wine again and it will create a new cfg... hope that helps!

Beans
    Distro

I'm using:

wine Crashday.exe

and i tried deleting .wine and did install many versions of wine (with clean installations)...

so i don't think the problem is directly related to wine...

PS: the game (Crashday) is supported by wine and it doesn't require any patches.. plus i'm running wow, hl, hl2, portal, nfs, d2, sims2, czero and many more games without a single error!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@cmb11
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=881963
    Dude don't open same thread like this without a day or two at least. You can try to bump them but opening new thread won't help at all.
    Anyway did you try to google you error ? maybe that will help you.
    Don't use the command Rm -rf if you don't fully know what you are doing it can seriously damage ur system

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by nbayiha View Post
    @cmb11
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=881963
    dude don't open same thread like this without a day or two at least. You can try to bump them but opening new thread won't help at all.
    Anyway did you try to google you error ? Maybe that will help you.
    + 1 :ks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast