Thread: lost my mind in music files!

Beans

Angry lost my mind in music files!

I guess I should preface by saying that I had some issues with my attachable drive not wanting to mount... so... somewhat repaired that in windows but now it is recognized twice in Ubuntu - one works, one doesnt.... all my media / music is on my drive.

Now... today's problem.... I am using Rhythmbox... everytime I open it it seems to take forever reading the music off the drive. Now for one album for example, I will have 10 copies of each song.... Rythmbox will not allow me to delete there... AHHHH driving me nuts and exactly the reason why I hated all the windows programs.... what am I doing wrong?????

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

Re: lost my mind in music files!

Not sure what you are doing wrong, because I don't know what you are dealing with.

It is an external drive, yes. Is it FAT formatted? NTFS? Probably not ext2/3 because you said you use it in Windows.

What do you mean you "somewhat repaired" it? Are there remaining issues with the drive in Windows? What did you do to "somewhat" repair the drive?
    Linux Genuine Advantage: I am licensed!

Spouting mindless hatred of all things Microsoft since... ummm... never.

Beans

well, i thought it was fixed and at least i can play my music... even if there are 10 different copies of each song.... but i have 2 shortcuts to the drive on my desktop - one works one doesnt... and i dont know what to do with it.

Sometimes I open rythmbox and there are 600 artists, sometimes only 40 come up...
    why cant computers be easier??? Thanks for your response!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

No problem, I will help where I can.

What filesystem? NTFS?

Can you post the output of a sudo fdisk -l command?
    (that's a lowercase letter "L", not the number one)
    Linux Genuine Advantage: I am licensed!

Spouting mindless hatred of all things Microsoft since... ummm... never.