Thread: Install Kubuntu and Ubuntu together using Live CD

Beans

Install Kubuntu and Ubuntu together using Live CD

I want to Install Kubuntu and Ubuntu together using Live CD. Using Wubi. I have Ubuntu hardy installed using Wubi. I am trying to install Kubuntu using Live CD. I cannot download so much. Plz halp. Both live CD's are of Hardy.If i try to install kubuntu it tries to uninstall Ubuntu.

Beans

Re: Install Kubuntu and Ubuntu together using Live CD

Quote Originally Posted by iampriteshdesai View Post
    I want to Install Kubuntu and Ubuntu together using Live CD. Using Wubi. I have Ubuntu hardy installed using Wubi. I am trying to install Kubuntu using Live CD. I cannot download so much. Plz halp. Both live CD's are of Hardy.If i try to install kubuntu it tries to uninstall Ubuntu.
    You can use your aptitude to install your KDE Desktop instead:

Code:
    sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install kubuntu-desktop
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans

I have slow internet and hence I have ordered the Live CD.

Beans

Actually, you can't use the Live Desktop CD to install (k)Ubuntu in your Ubuntu machine. Remember that LiveCD's are considered "complete" desktop clone installation so it tends to remove/format the drive/partition where you want it installed. I would suggest using the Alternate CD instead if it could be done. If not,your last option would be using the net.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.