Thread: Disk partitioning

Beans

Disk partitioning

Hi

Is there any way to install Kubuntu on my internal drive of my Mac mini PPC, without messing my Tiger install ? If so, how ?

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Disk partitioning

The live disk gives you the option to partition during install. On my IBook G4 I believe I used the disk utility on the Mac install disk to create Then a partition. The mistake I made was using too small a first partition. I did't realize how much I would like Ubuntu. Proceed slowly. You can go back up to the point you format the new partitions. If you are not sure press back until you are out of the installer and go on Firefox and ask on this forum. I got to that point about 3 times before I had the courage to ull the trigger. Back up every thing on your OSX. If your like me you might mess up a few times. If you have the Mac disks it is no big deal.

Beans

If you want to make the partition before installing kubuntu use gparted a disk partitioning program. To run it you must start the live cd and then use the following command
    Code:
    sudo gparted
    Don't forget to thanks if it's thankful you are feeling.

Notebook: Toshiba Satellite A200-1QD
    OS: Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron; Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

Beans

When I partitioned my Powerbook G4, I used the instructions posted at:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=89960.

They go into using gparted in more detail. Gparted worked beautifully for me.
    "I had to see it twice before I could believe I'd seen it once." -- Thomas Geoghegan