Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radeon Mobility HD 3470 Installation Problem

Beans

Wink Re: Radeon Mobility HD 3470 Installation Problem

hello folks,
    any answer abt this post? I have the same problem as you, as well using an asus laptop with ati radeon HD 3470. It happens that I'm kind of newbbie, I've just bought this laptop and now I realize why everybody complain about Vista, so I decided to change myself to ubuntu. However I'm having this problem with error messages saying that there is no screens, or something similar. I tried to do it in "recovery mode" as it is said. But I can't go that far the same happens with the liveCD, the graphic environment couldn't be started. So, what's your opinion? Any suggested solution?
    I'll really apprecaite your help.
    Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Radeon Mobility HD 3470 Installation Problem

when the menu screen comes up hit F4 and choose safe graphics mode. The live cd should then run properly. If you decide to install, make sure you select safe graphics mode before choosing install.

Beans

I just found this thread and I'm having the same problem. I have tried safe graphics mode and it did the same thing.

Beans

I was able to install ubuntu using the alternate install cd, but when I start ubuntu, it only gets to the command prompt, not the desktop. I can log into my account, but I don't know what to do after that. Could it maybe be that the drivers need to be updated?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12