Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Combat arms

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Combat arms

Found this sweet looking free FPS game...http://combatarms.nexon.net/Intro.aspx
    any hope it could be ported into linux via wine?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Combat arms

here is wine's page on it: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=7960

Apparently it needs some work. You should at least submit your test results and maybe wine will eventually take a look at it. If however you feel ambitious you could try to debug the errors and submit them one at a time. Then the bugs can get solved by wine developers and it can get fixed in later versions of wine.
    Desktop: Q6600 OC: 343 x 9, 4 GB RAM, 8600 GTS Twinview (22",17"), 1.5 TB RAID 5
    Laptop: Lenovo T61 T7300 @ 2 GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 140M Quadro, 160 GB harddrive
    Remember to mark posts as [SOLVED] when your problem is resolved

Beans

any luck with this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

im going to try this game today. it looks really cool. cedega doesn't have listed as supported either, but this game didn't come out of beta too long ago, so it's still early.

Beans

So did anyone get this game to work? i really like it i played it on my PC but my brother plays too and he kinda hogs it and i want to beat him in it too so will someone plz answer?

Beans

I have played the game in xp and Vista. I am having trouble getting the installer to work. it requires the gecko plug-in for firefox. I have installed the plug in and now am fighting with the installer to get the different install prompts to show properly. I am going to try running the installer through the windows version of firefox that I installed through wine. if it works I will create a how to for it and post it here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by nmcrar View Post
    I have played the game in xp and Vista. I am having trouble getting the installer to work. it requires the gecko plug-in for firefox. I have installed the plug in and now am fighting with the installer to get the different install prompts to show properly. I am going to try running the installer through the windows version of firefox that I installed through wine. if it works I will create a how to for it and post it here.
    Any luck?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I was able to get this game installed on linux by installing through IE6 which I installed using playonlinux. to install via IE6, just hit "ctrl+O" and then browse to your CombatArmsSetup.exe file and open it. Just so you know, the mouse is a bit jerky. during gameplay.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Although the game won't work on wine because Combat Arms has gamegaurd, and gameguard recognizes wine as an error or summin. Trust me, I've played Nexon games before

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Actually, you're wrong. I was able to play the game. There is only one small nuisance; the mouse is a little jerky. Do the following search on google, "winehq combat arms" This will bring you to the appdb of winehq, where you will find that several people have been able to get the game installed and played it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast