Thread: Firefox

Beans

Firefox

For some reason firefox opens half the time with the bar on the top missing, sorry not sure what its called, the bar with the minimize window and unmaximized and close window buttons. The bar just vanishes then firefox starts to flicker.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by wfp View Post
    For some reason firefox opens half the time with the bar on the top missing, sorry not sure what its called, the bar with the minimize window and unmaximized and close window buttons. The bar just vanishes then firefox starts to flicker.
    Not a professional, but that sounds like something to do with X... I used to have that problem, but I got flustered and just re-installed the whole OS =/

Do you have Compiz running?

Beans

Not sure either would hate to do a complete reinstall over something like this, thou its starting to drive me crazy. Just installed opera, but i really do love firefox. Thanks for the reply.

Beans
    Distro

To see if it's just firefox... or something with the xserver... you could try swiftfox, flock, or some other firefox variant, like ice weasel, and see if the same occurs... do you have the flashy minimize animations, and wobbly windows... if so... that means compiz is running (more than likely, I do not know of other composite programs)

If the problem persists ( i'd recommend swiftfox for the test) then it's probably X related.

Or if swiftfox works fine, just stick with it... it's real easy to install on Ubuntu, I'll give you some pointers if you want to install it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

If Firefox is the only program doing it, id say it's the program itself.
    Try reinstalling firefox in synaptic. Make sure you click "Mark for Complete Removal"

Beans

oh yeah i turned all effects off now and went back to human ubuntu default theme every thing seems ok for now thanks again.

Beans
    Distro

Alright, good... I like firefox itself... but sometimes it does bug the heck out of me.

Good luck =)