Thread: Issue with wireless networking

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Issue with wireless networking

I have been having trouble with my laptop connecting to the internet. I have no Ethernet card, so Wireless is the only internet source for this computer. The wireless card is a BCM4306 Wireless LAN Controller from Broadcom Corp. I have been unable to get the wireless to work.

I have tried the Troubleshooting Page and done everything it says to do. I get caught up at "Check for a connection to the router."

I have tried looking at the WPA Page as well. I don't know if there is something wrong with my driver, or if I need to install ndiswrapper, or if it's some incompatability with the network I'm trying to connect to (I'm in a Library so I can't access or edit the network).

I like Linux, but if I can't get this fixed before school starts in August, I'm going to have to go back to Windows XP.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Issue with wireless networking

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks, but I can't install "b43-fwcutter". I've looked on the forum for how to install it and none of the methods work. How do I install "b43-fwcutter".

Beans

Open a terminal and run the two commands that follow. Please post the output:

(1) dmesg | grep b43
    (2) /sbin/lspci -nnv (Only the section that describes your wireless)