Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: ZA forums seem to be dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Circus-Killer View Post
    When last did you go to the wiki?
    Latest modified should be very recent.
    As for pages with no infomation, we have just moved our wiki over to new systems, and migration is still underway, but everything should be up to speed soon.

Also, most of the discussions take place on the mailinglist, so its very important to subscribe to the mailinglist (also detailed in the stikies).

But if you feel that there is not enough going on, or nothing that interests you, then feel free to start something. Our work as a community will only work if people take charge. It will also be worth your while to check out #ubuntu-za on the FreeNode IRC network. Not much happens there normally, but every so often we will hold a meeting there to discuss issues such as moving certain projects forward.
    Thanks I will join, I notice that a lot of people refer to IRC as the primary means of communication i feel that mailing lists/JABBER is a much better option

I will join the mailing lists and hopefully we can grow the group that started ubuntu SA.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I tend to agree... I requested stickers and t-shirts and have had no reply in 3-4 weeks. Very unlike the normal Ubuntu forum responses.
    Any other Capetonians out there?
    But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
    I've got nothin' but affection for all those who've sailed with me. Mississippi: Bob Dylan
    Registered Ubuntu User # 23094

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by timjohn7 View Post
    I tend to agree... I requested stickers and t-shirts and have had no reply in 3-4 weeks. Very unlike the normal Ubuntu forum responses.
    Hey I am a capetoonian

The forums are not the main means of communication with in the ubuntu-za loco team, because of time constraints work hours.(liking to have updates right there in their inbox of their email client).

There is a mailing list that I would recommend you join in. (If you want to)
    https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-za
    Also it is kinda active on irc #ubuntu-za on freenode if you need a hand getting onto irc give me a shout.

Have you seen about the release "party"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi,
    I've joined the mailing list and I did see about the party... is it happening? I didn't see any time and the organization sounds a bit chaotic. I'm happy to help if it's going to happen.
    Cheers
    But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
    I've got nothin' but affection for all those who've sailed with me. Mississippi: Bob Dylan
    Registered Ubuntu User # 23094

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hi,
    I've joined the mailing list and I did see about the party... is it happening? I didn't see any time and the organization sounds a bit chaotic. I'm happy to help if it's going to happen.
    Cheers
    Yes it happening. about the chaotic side I think it is layed back and easy going. it is most certinally not a military machine

It is going to happen I am not 100% sure what we need help with. I have asked if the people that are organizing it need help will keep you updated as well from things said in the IRC channel.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Release Parties

We'll post updates here about the release parties as the details are figured out... so watch this space!
    Morgan Collett

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

We're out there, just quietly doing our thing.
    Linux = freedom for the masses
    PC: A8N-SLI, 4400+, 8800GT, 2x1Gb DDR400,160+2x1Tb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

i see you made this post a day ago. well, the sticker distribution ended quite a very long time ago (which was announced). as for the shirts, well, i don't remember who was handling that, but i do know that at the time it did require for you to right a switch-story.

but i do have some good news. after the joburg release party, i will be opening the sticker request line. that's right. i've ordered more stickers and they're on their way.

so keep in touch via the mailinglists and keep an eye on www.ubuntu-za.org to find out when i will start distribution of the stickers again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Circus-Killer View Post
    i see you made this post a day ago. well, the sticker distribution ended quite a very long time ago (which was announced). as for the shirts, well, i don't remember who was handling that, but i do know that at the time it did require for you to right a switch-story.

but i do have some good news. after the joburg release party, i will be opening the sticker request line. that's right. i've ordered more stickers and they're on their way.

so keep in touch via the mailinglists and keep an eye on www.ubuntu-za.org to find out when i will start distribution of the stickers again.
    Morgs also said he would have stickers. He ordered them with the ubuntu cd's.

ps Can we maybe unsticky those outdated ones?(There are more stickies then accual posts)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

current stickies:
    1. Sticky: Pretoria Release Party
    2. Sticky: Cape Town Intrepid Party Confirmed!!!
    3. Stickyoll: Proposed Parties for Intrepid Ibex Release
    4. Sticky: Gauteng Intrepid Party Confirmed!!!
    5. Sticky: ZA LocoTeam Info
    6. Sticky: Welcome to the ZA LocoTeam Forum

which ones for removal?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast