Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Mock-up (Modern Gnome)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Mock-up (Modern Gnome)

I think that it's better to show these mockups to the ubuntu art team guys. I read that the deadline for the Intrepid new theme is 25th of September.

Beans

Any news on the progress of this?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

This looks like a really nice GUI.

I look forward to you having success in producing the fully fledged front end.

I've been flip flopping between the gnome and xfce desktops for a while now, and there are things I like about both of them, and things I miss from one when I go to the other, but generally if you can maintiain the functionality you are going to be onto a winner either way.

One function that would be a nice option is the activity of the mouse buttons being customiserable... eg in xfce you can do a right mouse click to get the menu's, I haven't yet found a way of emulating this in gnome (it could be I'm just missing something, or being silly!).

As I use my laptop a lot, with a USB mouse plugged in the side, what would be really cool would be to give functionality to the various buttons indepentanly of each other.... I have no idea of where to start on this though.

In fact shortcuts in general would be cool, especially as I currently live and work in france with both a "qwerty" keyboard and access to french style "azerty" keyboards.

Either way, keep up the work the desktop looks good from here. I gues you'll retain the "autohide" type functionality etc?

Dave
    Eee pc via Wubi install.
    evertying works straight out of the box

My Launchpad page

Beans

This looks very cool, I'm much in favour of keeping the bar at the top, for some reason the two bars are one of the parts of GNOME that are intuitive and just make sense to me. Anyhow if you're looking for a Japanese translation in the future let me know. It's my third language but I work as a translator if that's any assurance of quality.

-WiegrafFolles

Beans

Ive been using a similar one lately... let me know how this looks...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

That looks cool.

Care to share?
    If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it.

Beans

Here is a little modification to what ypu did guys (you are incredible! AMAZING!).

Also you see a little arrow under the windows opened in Firefox? Well when there is more of them you can scroll by this button for the next one, and the next one and so and so. When you get to the third one, another arrow appears over them.

The moving widgets - for instance let's take the weather. Imagine it's raining instead of having a picture of a cloud with water drops it would move. The rain drops would keep on falling. This would be just a bonus and it would be possible to turn it off.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin-Carrot View Post
    That looks cool.

Care to share?
    sure.. what do u want...

GTK
    http://www.gnome-look.org/content/sh...?content=89831
    or
    http://www.gnome-look.org/content/sh...?content=54166

Emerald (i changed it a bit.. its my theme )
    http://www.gnome-look.org/content/sh...?content=87749

anything else..??

Beans

Have you actually produced this for your ubuntu? if so could you post it/explain how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Firm18 View Post
    Here is a little modification to what ypu did guys (you are incredible! AMAZING!).

Also you see a little arrow under the windows opened in Firefox? Well when there is more of them you can scroll by this button for the next one, and the next one and so and so. When you get to the third one, another arrow appears over them.

The moving widgets - for instance let's take the weather. Imagine it's raining instead of having a picture of a cloud with water drops it would move. The rain drops would keep on falling. This would be just a bonus and it would be possible to turn it off.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

This really does look fantastic.

Push for this in the next Ubuntu release, it looks better than Mac, which was meant to be our mission for Interpid, but that didn't work out.

I would really like to see this in a official release, I think it is really really nice.
    Desktop | AMD 940 3.0x4 @ 3.2 | 4gB DDR2 Memory | ATI 5750 1024mb OCd | Windows 7 w/ Ubuntu dual boot.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast