Thread: Warcraft 3 scrolling

Beans

Warcraft 3 scrolling

I have noticed that whenever I play a game in warcraft 3, the scrolling is a bit weird. Sometimes when I move my mouse to the right of the screen which should cause it to scroll to the right, it doesn't work. I usually have to move it against the edge of the screen repeatedly to make it work. Before my install of Ubuntu x64, this didn't happen. After I switched from x32 to x64 Ubuntu, this started. I think its because in x32, I didn't have compiz fusion running the cube thing with 4 workspaces and now in x64 I do. Can anyone confirm this and does anyone know how to fix the problem. If it is because of compiz fusion is there anyway to fix the scrolling without turning off compiz fusion? I don't think it'll be fun to turn on and off conpiz fusion everytime I want to play a game of warcraft 3
    ///////
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (OCed:378x9:3.4GHz), P5K-SE, 4gb DDR2 800MHz Corsair RAM (4-4-4-12 OCed) 500gb Seagate 7200.11 HDD, Antec 900, 8600GT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Warcraft 3 scrolling

You really shouldn't play games with Compiz Fusion on. Download the Compiz Fusion Icon which you can use to easily toggle compiz on and off.

Beans

Otherwise you can make a launch script. I don't know the correct code but there are several here that does.

Its a script you click and it first replaces your window manager to one functioning, then it opens up WC3. I don't know if its possible for it to re enable Compiz when the game is closed but otherwise use fusion-icon for quick acess to turn it off.

Beans

I can't say I've ever had that problem playing warcraft 3 on ubuntu with compiz on...

Beans

i have definitely had this problem for well over a year. when u move the cursor to the left and right it turns from the w3 cursor to a regular cursor and the scrolling doesnt work properly. left and right. it drives me crazy and i love the desktop cube mroe than anything but i dont like having to jump back and forth between metacity and compiz so i have been leaving compiz on but using desktop wall instead of cube.

it doesnt have this problem with wall, just with desktop cube. so i can still have my wobbly windows and fancy switchers and stuff. anyhow if someone could fix this and i could keep cube on permanently i would be beyond thrilled.

Beans

I've solved this problem, posted a some-sort guide here.