Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you used SongBird?

Beans

Re: Have you used SongBird?

I used to use it, but it didn't have enough features for me. But it is nice, or will be in a few years.
    TWIBS: This Week in BS:
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/TWIBS

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I have been using it as my main MP3 player for a while and I think it rocks. I only use the browser for bits and bobs, but it is very useful having that function there. I am really hoping they bring in audio CD support.

Beans

I've used it before, but not for a couple versions now. Is there some kind of an alarm for it (I like waking up to music...)?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

I've tried it before, but it's too bulky and heavy on resources and I really don't need a web browser in my media player.

And yes, there seems to be a lot of addons and stuff that are Windows only.
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1 X 1TB, 2 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Songbird is coming along nicely, but I think that it's more of a lifeline to those poor Windows users who don't have great programs like Rhythmbox, Banshee, or Amarok (yet). For me, it can't yet compete with any of the aforementioned players on the GNU/Linux platform.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I quite like Songbird -> I used years ago, when it was on its first release, but this was on my Mac before I knew much about linux or the underbelly of computing.

I have to say that although it looks much more polished (just installed 0.7) I haven't had that much trouble getting a program up and running since my first few weeks in the Linux-sphere. Took me the last couple of weeks to get it going, trying occasionally, giving up, returning ....

If the developpers can work a little better support into the mix for newcomers they'd be more likely to raise the number of users and get the word out.

Otherwise, I love the look and feel and it really integrates with my system overall.

Beans
    Hidden!

No tray icon + no automatic cover art downloads = no thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12