I have some doubts. Please help me by giving simple answers that a newbie can understand.
1) When someone posts many threads on this forum how to keep track of all threads?
2) I've hardy 64 bit on wubi installation. What's the simple way to transfer it to dedicated partition without affecting any of my settings, data or configuration?? I've this on HP dv6833us laptop. And is there a way to present my config. as a sticky after my posts??
3) Is it possible with frequent updates, the memory limit of the partition will be breached in future?. I've only little experience having my OSes update regularly online. I've updated everything up-to-date till now in my wubi. Would it be the updated OS-- if I transferred to dedicated partition?. And also I'm getting a blank screen for some seconds(I've seen it happening in win98 SE) before it gets to desktop while hardy is booting for last 10 days. Before that it's fine and only after installing some updates recently, this problem has started to occur. Could it be rectified?
4) I've a toggle enable/disable button for trackpad in my laptop. when in windows it just enables when I press it. But in hardy, it brings up 'Ubuntu help center'. Everytime I need to close it. Can this setting be changed? if yes how? Also if i change this setting how can I ever invoke this help center??
5)There's problem with workspaces. Only one row is working. Focus never goes to other rows. What can be done??
6) Won't the KDE applications work from gnome?? I'm having terrible headache with Kopete and aMSN?
I've posted a thread regarding this but I've not received any useful and working solution yet.
7) Where on ubuntu can I find out my video card configuration?
8 ) When i play video clips, movies on hardy using VLC, xine, totem gstreamer /xine, Mplayer I don't get good video quality like I do in windows. when there's problem in sound, I was pointed to alsamixer ---similarly is there any setting that can improve my video quality on ubuntu??
9) Once hardy didn't boot properly and hanged halfway still--is there a way to prevent its reoccurence??