Thread: recompile SIS Mirage 1 (662/761) Windows XP driver for Ubuntu Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

recompile SIS Mirage 1 (662/761) Windows XP driver for Ubuntu Linux

I done the big mistake and bought an Intel D201GLY2 main board with an SIS 662/761 gpu chipset. Now I have the problem to find a 3D drive for this chipset.

I tried out the drivers on the intel support site, but they will not work. Then I wrote SIS an email, they told me, that only intel can give me the driver.

A new idea is to recompile the MS Windows Xp driver, and make it usable for GNU/Linux and specially for Ubuntu-Studio.
    Can someone tell if there is a possibility to recompile drivers and how can I do that?

In the other way, is there a possibility to use the MS Windows XP gpu drivers in Linux (like ndiswrapper for wifi cards)?

The driver for MS Windows XP is very fine . It works stable and supports the full functionality for this chipset. I tried this out on an parallel boot on the same board.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: recompile SIS Mirage 1 (662/761) Windows XP driver for Ubuntu Linux

I have been looking for a fix for the D201GLY2 video problem for months. The only solution I have found is the DG945GCLF. It is just as cute and the same price but much more Linux friendly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I fixed the D201GLY2 video problem within two days, but only with 2D support. Here is a mini HOWTO I wrote in an other threat:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=875418

For some aplications like counter-strike 1.6, proe wildfire 3, compiz-fusion, etc. i need 3D support. This is the only reason I looking for a wrapper or a way to recompile the MS driver.
    Last edited by m4c13k; August 11th, 2008 at 08:45 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I'm pretty sure you can never compile a windows driver to run on linux, and I doubt there is a way to make a wrapper to use a windows graphics driver in linux.